HockeyAndroid is the best way to download and install apps on your Android device from HockeyApp. After the installation, you can sign in with your account and see a list of all installable Android apps. Each app has a detail page (including file size and release notes) and the download of the .apk packages is shown with a progress bar.
- To install HockeyApp on your Android device, you need to allow the installation of non-market apps. To do this, go to Settings, tap on "Applications" and enable the checkbox for "Unknown sources"
- Open config.hockeyapp.net on your Android device.
- Tap "Download".
- Wait for the download to be finished. You can check the progress by pressing the menu button, then "More" and "Downloads" (menu order might differ on different Android versions).
- Tap the downloaded file to install it.
- Confirm the permissions by tapping "Install".
- After the installation has finished, tap "Open" to open HockeyApp.
BUGS OR QUESTIONS
Version 1.5 (250) - 09/Nov/2012
- Added Facebook Connect (requires that you use Facebook on the HockeyApp homepage)
- Added restore of older versions
- Added support for versions restricted to tags
- Added about screen
- New dark holo design
- New icon and logo
- Changed layout of detail view to use a single web view to improve scrolling and performance
- Fix cache invalidation for icons
- Updated to newest HockeySDK + minor bug fixes
Version 1.2 (226) - 10/May/2012
- Added support for alpha apps
- Added default image if app has no icon
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
Version 1.1 (195) - 23/Dec/2011
- Added action bar with native support for Android 3.x and 4.0.
- Added grid view on Android tablets.
- Added "Check for Updates" to menu.
- Changed layout of detail view.
- Updated HockeySDK + various bug fixes
Version 1.0 (35) - 27/Nov/2011
- Fixed crash when rotating to landscape and Sign In dialog is open.
Version 1.0 (33) - 27/Nov/2011
** First release of HockeyApp for Android.**
- Sign in with out HockeyApp account (developer or tester).
- Browse your list of Android apps.
- Tap an app to see it's details.
- Tap "Download" to download and install an app.
- Tap the menu button to refresh the list of apps or log out.
Copyright 2011-2012 Codenauts UG. All rights reserved.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.