Clone this wiki locally
Integrate into Xcode build process
The template script Beta Automatisation.sh in the folder /client/iOS/Beta Automatisation/ can be used to automatically distribute a build to the hockey server.
This script does not work right out of the box, you have to modify it to work correctly. It's just a source of inspiration!
What the script does:
- It checks whether the current build is for the device
- It moves the .app and .app.dSYM files to a secure location you specify
- It archives the .app file into .ipa file, just like Xcode's "Build and Archive"
- It moved the archived .ipa file to your Dropbox folder, so beta testers can easily access it
- It generates the .plist file required for wireless app distribution
- It uploads the archived .ipa file and the generated .plist file to your server via ftp using Terminal or via scp
How you set it up:
- In your Xcode project you have to add a new "Aggregate" target
- Then you add your main target to that added target's dependencies
- After that you need to a new "Run Script" build phase and paste in your modified script
External build system
This shell script buildmanifest.sh in the folder /client/iOS/Beta Automatisation/ will create the manifest.plist file which is needed for OTA installation.
usage: buildmanifest name [output] name : absolute path and filename of the .plist file excluding the file extension output : the filenane to write the manifest content, default is manifest.plist Example: ./buildmanifest ~/SourceCode/Hockey/HockeyDemo-Info