Internet of Things
Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of physical objects, equipped with technologies to communicate with each other and the environment. To help you understand, it is only a point in time when the number of gadgets connected to the World Wide Web has exceeded the number of people using the Internet.
The “Bitsy Bits” is an IoT composite project. This means it has all parts to implement the full user experience. At this moment, only the one component of the project has already implemented. It is a prototype of device arranged on the printed circuit board (PCB). The “Bitsy Bits” general device is designed in a such way to match the term "portable device". The current configuration is suitable for use it as wearable SmartWatch.
Summary of the latest configuration
- ESP-07 module with ESP8266 low-cost Wi-Fi chip with full TCP/IP stack and microcontroller capability
- Monochrome 0.96" 128x64 SSD1306 OLED graphic display
- GY-521 - Triple Axis Accelerometer and Gyro Breakout - MPU-6050
- TP4056 Lithium Cell Charger Module with Battery Protection
- CP2102 MICRO USB to UART TTL Module 6Pin Serial Converter
- 4 x GPIO pins - 2 of them used as I2C
- 1 x Analog Input, used for battery status monitoring
- Flash and Reset buttons
- Sleep mode available
- Navigation switch, 3 way, SMD
- Shaftless vibration motor