Cassette's website: getcassette.net.
Creating lots of smaller .js files is good development practice. However, downloading 100 individual files will make YSlow very unhappy! Better to concatenate and minify the files into logical "bundles" for use in production.
In ASP.NET there currently exist partial solutions, but nothing handles all the following:
- View pages AND partial views can reference scripts.
- Layout/master page makes a single "RenderScripts" call to generate all the required script elements.
- Rich Debug-time output. Full, individual source scripts are rendered into the HTML. So debugging with tools like FireBug match one-to-one with your source.
- No change in view code between debug and release.
- Compile CoffeeScript & LESS (in both debug and release modes).
- Build modules at runtime and cache in isolated storage. No complex build tooling required and medium-trust is fully supported.
Cassette does all this and more!
Install into your web application using Nuget
Check out the docs on the website for help getting started.
contributing folder in the repository for more information.
Support and Discussion
Join the Discussion Group to ask questions and learn about new features.
If you have questions, let me know here: @getcassette.
Commercial support is also available if you need it.
Open Source License
Cassette is free software, distributed under the MIT License
Copyright (c) 2012 Andrew Davey