A Laravelian 9gag clone
I had some free hours during summer vacations and I thought:
Hey, let's just clone 9gag the Laravel way
This is the unpolished result out of it.
Packages that I added in composer.json
- "laravel/framework" - Laravel 5.2, for obvious reasons
- "intervention/image" - I was planning to manipulate the uploaded images with this package... Guess what, I didn't, but it's here nonetheless just in case
- "laravel/socialite" - Handle social login
- "greggilbert/recaptcha" - To try to avoid the spam in both sign ups and posting
- Plus several dev packages for the sake of rapid development/debugging: ide-helper, debug-bar, generators
- Models and database: post and comments models, factories, seeders and table migrations
- Basic Requests and Controllers to handle post posting, post voting, registration, traditional and social login...
- Views: made some neat login and register views, a single layout, a pair of modals and two extra main views: home and post views
To make this clone closer to a production cloned version of 9gag someone would have to invest some extra development time. And I don't think it's gonna be me.
Things that need some work:
- To finish the social login controllers
- User dashboard page to handle user data
- A good looking front-end
- A good comments system