This is the fourth beta release of Firefox for eCS (OS/2) version 24. It contains some UI fixes (makes the "Clear Recent History" dialog and most recent sites' thumbnails on the new tab canvas work again) and makes XUL.DLL finally loadable into high memory (using e.g. this tool). Also this release uses the new GCC runtime (version 4.9.2) which significantly reduces the size of executables and DLLs and the memory footprint of the running application (by about 5-6 megabytes).
The CHANGES.OS2 file contains more detailed list of changes.
The README.OS2 file contains software requirements and detailed installation instructions.
LAST MINUTE UPDATE
Unfortunately, the README file lacks references to a number of libraries required for manual installation. Here are the missing links. Take the specified DLLs from the corresponding RPM archives and place them into one of the directories on your
There was also an error in an yum command: yum install libstdc++ is wrong and needs to be replaced by:
yum install libstdc++6
- If you find a bug (which is likely), please create an issue at the issues page. But before you create a new issue, be sure it is not already reported by searching through the existing ones using the Search field at the top of this page.
- When Firefox crashes it creates a trap report that may contain useful information for the developers. These reports are saved in
.TRPfiles created in the directory where
firefox.exeis installed. By default these reports contain only basic information. In order to make them even more useful (and therefore make a fix for your problem much more likely) please do the following:
- Install the latest EXCEPTQ runtime from http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/ (currently, this one is the latest).
- Install the Firefox symbol files by downloading the
firefox-dbgsymarchive from the link below and unzipping it to the same directory where you installed Firefox.
- Make Firefox crash again and attach the resulting
.TRPfile to the issue describing your problem.