Use the Amazon Dash button as a modern day piggybank. Specifically, use a Raspberry Pi and Python to intercept the Dash's HTTP requests to Amazon and redirect them to a web server inside my LAN that (ab)uses the Simple API to transfer money out of my checking account into a rainy day fund.
Inspired by Ted Benson's Medium post on his Dash hack.
- Python 3.4 or 2.7
- An appropriate version of Pip
- Everything in
pip install -r requirements.txt)
- An Amazon Dash button (or similar)
- A Raspberry Pi or other dedicated server inside your LAN
- A router you have administrative access over (MAC filtering)
- An Instapush account (optional)
Full instructions to come via my own Medium post.