An SQL-like language for querying the DOM. More info here.
DOMQL is an interpereted language powered by the Sizzle selector engine.
Most SELECT queries can be directly compiled to a Sizzle query (see src/test.coffee).
DOMQL is written using the Jison parser generator.
Source Files Overview
- dql.coffee is the main file. Responsible for initiating the parser and contains some utils (domReady, templates etc).
- grammer.coffee is the language grammer file written in CoffeeScript's Jison DSL.
- lexer.coffee is the language lexer.
- nodes.coffee contains all the nodes for the syntax tree also responsible for compiling to sizzle / evaluating the code.
- test.coffee the test suite ran by index.html.
Getting the Code
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:amasad/DOMQL.git
- NodeJS for the development environment.
- Browserify for Node requires to work in the browser.
- express for development server.
- uglify-js for minifying build file.
- Jison for creating the parser.
You only need to install NodeJS. All the modules are checked in.
Note that browserify has been altered to work around a bug.
Using CoffeeScript's Cakefile you could do the following:
cake buildParser: Builds the parser.
cake dev: Starts the development server at localhost:8080 and watches the grammer file for changes to rebuild the parser.
cake build: Builds and minifies to domql.min.js.
The MIT License Copyright 2012 Amjad Masad email@example.com