HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Thorbjørn Lindeijer edited this page · 28 revisions
- Automapping in tiled 0.8 and below
- Best Practices
- Contributing to Tiled
- Games made with Tiled
- Import from Image
- JSON Map Format
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Making Releases
- Qt issues related to Tiled
- Support for TMX maps
- Tiled 0.7 Release Plan
- Tiled 0.8 Release Plan
- Tiled 0.9 Release Plan
- TMX Map Format
- Translating Tiled
- Using Commands
- Using the Terrain Tool
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Tiled wiki! This wiki supplements the Tiled Documentation with more dynamic pages, pages related to development and 3rd party articles.
- Games made with Tiled - Showing various games that have used Tiled for their levels.
- Contributing to Tiled - How to check out Tiled from git, compile it, and send changes back.
- Best Practices - How you can work with Tiled.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - Get to know your way around Tiled.
- Import from Image - Generating Tiled maps from bitmaps
- Automapping - The Automapping feature explained + links to external explanations of automapping
The following pages used to be available here but have moved to the Tiled Documentation site:
- TMX Map Format - The official reference
- Support for TMX maps - A lot of frameworks can already load your tile maps!
- Using Commands - Running shell commands and other programs from Tiled
- Using the Terrain Tool - Easily make sure your sand borders your water properly.
- Tiled starters tutorial by Pokefans.net (German)
- Introduction to Tiled Map Editor: A Great, Platform-Agnostic Tool for Making Level Maps
- tileset_baker - physically merges overlapping tiles, creating a new tileset with the unique combinations for any number of maps. This can make rendering the map a lot faster.
- WBTMXTool - TMX file HD/SD converter
- tmxOptimizer - Tool for optimizing a TMX map
- Remex - A tool for expanding RPG Maker tilesets for use with Tiled's automapping feature.
- Map-Tiler - Take a group of "layer images" (walls, floors, etc.) and turn them into a tileset and a Tiled file. Removes duplicate tiles as it imports, has support for generating rooms, and other features. This is very handy when you create maps or levels in layers in a vector or pixel art editor.