Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the Tiled wiki! This wiki supplements the Tiled Documentation with more dynamic pages, pages related to development and 3rd party articles.
- Games made with Tiled - Showing various games that have used Tiled for their levels.
- Contributing to Tiled - How to check out Tiled from git, compile it, and send changes back.
- Best Practices - How you can work with Tiled.
- Import from Image - Generating Tiled maps from bitmaps
- Tiled starters tutorial by Pokefans.net (German)
- [Introduction to Tiled Map Editor: A Great, Platform-Agnostic Tool for Making Level Maps] (http://gamedev.tutsplus.com/tutorials/level-design/introduction-to-tiled-map-editor/)
- tileset_baker - physically merges overlapping tiles, creating a new tileset with the unique combinations for any number of maps. This can make rendering the map a lot faster.
- WBTMXTool - TMX file HD/SD converter
- tmxOptimizer - Tool for optimizing a TMX map
- Remex - A tool for expanding RPG Maker tilesets for use with Tiled's automapping feature.
- Map-Tiler - Take a group of "layer images" (walls, floors, etc.) and turn them into a tileset and a Tiled file. Removes duplicate tiles as it imports, has support for generating rooms, and other features. This is very handy when you create maps or levels in layers in a vector or pixel art editor.