- Prefixes all logs with timestamps and remote IP addresses.
- Sets max size on all logs to 1MB (for development environment only).
- Allows all configurations, provided by this gem, to be customized.
For a secure install, type the following from the command line (recommended):
gem cert --add <(curl -Ls http://www.redalchemist.com/gem-public.pem) gem install log_plus --trust-policy HighSecurity
...or, for an insecure install, type the following (not recommended):
gem install log_plus
Add the following to your Gemfile:
Within your application or environment *.rb files, you can configure any of the following settings:
- config.max_log_size = Defaults to 1MB (use numbers only). Provided by this gem.
- config.log_tags = Defaults to timestamp and remote IP prefixes. Provided by Rails.
To test, do the following:
- cd to the gem root.
- bundle install
- bundle exec rspec spec
Read Semantic Versioning for details. Briefly, it means:
- Patch (x.y.Z) - Incremented for small, backwards compatible bug fixes.
- Minor (x.Y.z) - Incremented for new, backwards compatible public API enhancements and/or bug fixes.
- Major (X.y.z) - Incremented for any backwards incompatible public API changes.
Read CONTRIBUTING for details.
Copyright (c) 2012 Red Alchemist. Read the LICENSE for details.
Read the CHANGELOG for details. Built with Gemsmith.