- Prefixes all logs with timestamps and remote IP addresses.
- Sets max size on all logs to 1MB (for development environment only).
- Allows all configurations, provided by this gem, to be customized.
For a secure install, type the following from the command line (recommended):
gem cert --add <(curl -Ls http://www.redalchemist.com/gem-public.pem) gem install log_plus --trust-policy MediumSecurity
NOTE: A HighSecurity trust policy would be best but MediumSecurity enables signed gem verification while allowing the installation of unsigned dependencies since they are beyond the scope of this gem.
For an insecure install, type the following (not recommended):
gem install log_plus
Add the following to your Gemfile:
Within your application or environment *.rb files, you can configure any of the following settings:
- config.max_log_size = Defaults to 1MB (use numbers only). Provided by this gem.
- config.log_tags = Defaults to timestamp and remote IP prefixes. Provided by Rails.
To test, do the following:
- cd to the gem root.
- bundle install
- bundle exec rspec spec
Read Semantic Versioning for details. Briefly, it means:
- Patch (x.y.Z) - Incremented for small, backwards compatible bug fixes.
- Minor (x.Y.z) - Incremented for new, backwards compatible public API enhancements and/or bug fixes.
- Major (X.y.z) - Incremented for any backwards incompatible public API changes.
Read CONTRIBUTING for details.
Copyright (c) 2012 Red Alchemist. Read the LICENSE for details.
Read the CHANGELOG for details. Built with Gemsmith.