Enhances default Thor functionality with additional convenience methods.
- Adds additional command line utilities (module) for easy inclusion into existing Thor-enhanced projects.
- Adds the following methods:
For a secure install, type the following from the command line (recommended):
gem cert --add <(curl -Ls https://www.alchemists.io/gem-public.pem) gem install thor_plus --trust-policy MediumSecurity
NOTE: A HighSecurity trust policy would be best but MediumSecurity enables signed gem verification while allowing the installation of unsigned dependencies since they are beyond the scope of this gem.
For an insecure install, type the following (not recommended):
gem install thor_plus
To enhance existing gems that already rely on Thor, add a dependency in your gemspec:
Then, for any gem that already uses the Thor CLI, you can require and include Thor+ as follows:
require "thor" require "thor/actions" require "thor_plus/actions" module YourGem class CLI < Thor include Thor::Actions include ThorPlus::Actions end end
Be sure to check out the ThorPlus::Actions module for additional details and documentation.
That's it. Enjoy!
To test, run:
bundle exec rspec spec
Read Semantic Versioning for details. Briefly, it means:
- Patch (x.y.Z) - Incremented for small, backwards compatible bug fixes.
- Minor (x.Y.z) - Incremented for new, backwards compatible public API enhancements and/or bug fixes.
- Major (X.y.z) - Incremented for any backwards incompatible public API changes.
Code of Conduct
Please note that this project is released with a CODE OF CONDUCT. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
Read CONTRIBUTING for details.