This is work in progress.
The idea is to move towards a pluggable common architecture where modules controlling or visualising nodecopter data can be mixed and matched to your own liking.
Right now this is just an express app using
dronestream for the video stream
an artifical horizon overlayed over the video stream based on autoilot by Benjamin Nortier (@bjnortier)
a battery gauge based on canv-gauge by Mykhailo Stadnyk (@Mikhus)
a compass providing a (fake) magnetic heading.
git clone email@example.com:bkw/nodecopter-cockpit.git cd nodecopter-cockpit npm install
- Connect to the drone's wifi
- Point your browser to http://localhost:3000/
- The cockpit does not have any flight control yet. I'm hoping to add these later.
- Speed and altitude probably need adjusting.
- The NWES-Heading of the compass is bogus and seems to depend on the heading that the drone was booted last.
- The compass should not span more than 60° as this seems to be the camara ocular angle.
I made a small video of the initial appearance of the cockpit controls.
Special thanks to Benjamin Nortier for doing all the hard work for the artificial horizon and agreeing to share his code under a liberal license.