File Picker and Canvas Sample
This application shows how to open the file picker card for an Image and use the results from within your webworks application.
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- Matthew Haag
- BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha 10.9.10.35
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
How to Build
To build the FilePickerAndCanvas sample application:
- Click on the Downloads tab above.
- Select Download as zip (Windows) or Download as tar.gz (Mac) and save the downloaded file to your local machine.
- Create a new folder on your local machine named FilePickerAndCanvas e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\User\WebWorks\FilePickerAndCanvas (Windows) or ~/WebWorks/FilePickerAndCanvas (Mac).
- Open the downloaded ZIP file from step 2 and extract the contents from inside the zipped FilePickerAndCanvas folder to your local FilePickerAndCanvas folder from step 3. This ensures that the necessary application assets, such as config.xml, are correctly located at the top level of the local FilePickerAndCanvas folder (e.g. ~/WebWorks/FilePickerAndCanvas/config.xml).
- Using the Ripple Mobile Emulator and the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BB10, package the contents of your local FilePickerAndCanvas folder into a BlackBerry application. Enter the project root settings field as the local folder created in step 3, and the archive name settings field as FilePickerAndCanvas.
- BlackBerry HTML5 WebWorks - Downloads, Getting Started guides, samples, code signing keys.
- BlackBerry WebWorks Development Guides
- BlackBerry WebWorks Community Forums
- BlackBerry Open Source WebWorks Contributions Forums
Please see the README of the WebWorks-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.