bbUI localStorage Samples App
This is the BlackBerry 10 specific version of the bbUI-localStorage app. This sample demonstrates multiple ways to use localStorage to improve the end user experience of a BlackBerry WebWorks application for BlackBerry 10. The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
Dependencies HTML5 Although this app is built using bbUI.js, the examples it uses will work in any HTML5 compliant browser or application.
How to Build
To build this sample application:
- Click on the Download Zip button above or the Downloads tab and save the .zip to your desktop.
- Open the downloaded ZIP file and extract the contents from inside the zipped bbUI-localStorage folder to your PC. This ensures that the necessary application assets, such as config.xml, are correctly located at the top level of the local localStorage folder.
- Package and sign using either the WebWorks command line tool or the Ripple Mobile Emulator for Tablet OS or BlackBerry 10. Instructions for signing can be found at https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/packaging_your_app_1939301_11.html (https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/packaging_your_app_1939301_11.html) Alternatively, this application can be downloaded from BlackBerry World.
- BlackBerry HTML5 WebWorks - Downloads, Getting Started guides, samples, code signing keys.
- [BlackBerry WebWorks Development Guides] (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation)
- BlackBerry WebWorks Community Forums
- BlackBerry Open Source WebWorks Contributions Forums
Please see the README of the WebWorks-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.