This application provides a look at blackberry.bbm.platform as well as blackberry.invoke APIs that will enable developers to leverage BlackBerry Messenger integration within their BlackBerry 10 applications.
To separate the BBM functionality from the remaining application, all relevant BBM implementation was implemented in bbm.js while the remaining files are leveraged to configure UI components, and define actions (click event listeners) connecting those components to the API functionality.
The same code will work across other WebKit browser such as Chrome and Safari, without any changes to the code.
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
** How to Build **
Clone this repo to your local machine.
Ensure the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 2.0 is correctly installed.
Open a command prompt (windows) or terminal (mac) and run the following command:
webworks create <your source folder>\BBM
Replace the default BBM\www folder with the \www folder from this project
Replace the default BBM\config.xml with the config.xml from this project
From the command prompt (Windows) or terminal (mac), navigate to the BBM folder
cd <your source folder>\BBM
Run the following commands to configure plugins used by this app
webworks plugin add com.blackberry.app webworks plugin add com.blackberry.bbm.platform webworks plugin add com.blackberry.invoke webworks plugin add com.blackberry.invoke.card webworks plugin add com.blackberry.system webworks plugin add com.blackberry.ui.toast
Run the following command to build and deploy the app to a device connected via USB
- BlackBerry HTML5 WebWorks - Downloads, Getting Started guides, samples, code signing keys.
- BlackBerry WebWorks Development Guides
- BlackBerry WebWorks Community Forums
Notes and Known Issues
- Registration must occur before any of the blackberry.bbm.platform functionality becomes available; working as intended.
- Set Display Picture is not properly initiating an update. As a workaround, the Set Avatar invocation can be used.
- Start Chat is not properly initating a chat when no URI is provided; expected to provide Contact Picker. As a workaround, Share Text can be invoked with an empty data property.
- Start Chat will invite the contact to BBM if the provided PIN does not exist in your Contact List; working as intended.
- Start Chat will immediately start a chat session if the provided PIN exists in your Contact List working as intended.
- There are currently some issues while saving modified status and personal message values.
- There are some performance issues while loading images and cropping; these have been addressed on later builds.
Please see the README of the BB10-WebWorks-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.