The purpose of this application is to demonstrate how to develop an application for BlackBerry 10 which is capable of decoding the advertisement data sent by an Estimote beacon; and by extension iBeacons(TM).
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- V1.0.0 - Initial release
- V1.0.1 - Added an "About" page and improved layout of iBeacon(TM) information in ListView.
- V2.0.0 - Added ability to associate a friendly name with a beacon to aid identification. Added beacon configuration screen to allow SensorTag beacon attributes to be modified.
- V2.0.1 - Minor change to deal with warnings about an API deprecated in 10.3.0 when building against the 10.3.0 SDK and above. No functional changes, hence no replacement pre-built signed BAR file.
- V2.1.0 - Added ability to detect the Open AltBeacon format of Beacon advertisement
- V2.2.0 - Added ability to detect the Google Eddystone format of Beacon advertisement
- BlackBerry Device Software 10.2.0 and greater
How to Build WheresMyBeacon
Simply Import the project into a workspace in your NDK.
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
Please see the README of the Cascades-Community-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.