Built For BlackBerry - Cascades "Showcase" Sample
This sample demonstrates how to download images asynchronously, and parse RSS feeds. It showcases how to create an application that delivers the signature BlackBerry 10 experience, and could pass the "Built For BlackBerry" designation.
It includes many of the "must have" components: BBM, Share Framework, App Menu] (swipe down), Window Covers, and more.
- Olof Stenlund
- Par Kjellberg
Built For BlackBerry
- Visit the Built For BlackBerry program overview page.
- To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
How To Build
- Clone the repo to your computer.
- Launch BlackBerry 10 Native SDK, and from the File menu, select Import.
- Expand General, and select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Browse to the location where you extracted the sample file, and then click OK.
- The sample project should display in the Projects section. Click Finish to import the project into your workspace.
- In the Project Explorer pane, Right-click the project (for example hellocascades) and select Build Project.
- In the Project Explorer pane, Right-click the project (for example hellocascades) and select Run As > BlackBerry C/C++ Application.
- The application will now install and launch on your device. If not, you might have to set up your environment.
- BlackBerry Cascades & NDK - Downloads, Getting Started guides, samples, code signing keys.
- Native Development Guides
- BlackBerry Native Development Forums
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.