SmartSignals - Handle C-Level BPS events in the Cascades framework
This sample shows how the AbstractBpsEventHandler interface can be extended to receive BPS events without needing to create a separate thread. These events are then made accessible to the QML layer by creating and registering a C++ class, BPSMonitor, so it is known to QML. After registering this type the developer can then register to receive various events right from QML.
This sample can be tested either on a real device or using a simulator in pair with controller.exe which can be used to perform sensor manipulations.
BlackBerry 10 Native SDK Beta
Running the example:
- Download the source code
- Launch BlackBerry 10 Native SDK Beta, and from the File menu, select Import.
- Expand General, and select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Browse to the location of the source code project, and then click OK.
- The sample project should display in the the Projects section. Click Finish to import the project into your workspace.
- In the Project Explorer pane, Right-click the the project and select Build Project.
- In the Project Explorer pane, Right-click the the project and select Run As > BlackBerry C/C++ Application.
- The application will now install and launch on your device. If not, you might have to set up your environment: http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/getting_started/setting_up.html