Location Diagnostics sample demonstrates the C++ Location APIs of BlackBerry 10. This sample can be used as a reference usage of the Location API from a Cascades application.
- Choosing a specific positioning method
- Providing location assistance information such as PDE/SLP
- Specifying the frequency of fixes
- Specifying whether app should receive fixes while in Background
- Ability to request both multiple and single fix
- Displays details of every fix obtained
- Ability to reset the low level location module in hot, warm and cold mode
- Satellite information is not yet available via this API. The tab for that will not show anything at this time
- Map and Email Logs action items are not functional yet but will be implemented once those APIs are available.
- BlackBerry Native SDK 10.0.06 beta
- BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device running 10.0.06 OS
Importing a project into the Native SDK
- From the the Sample apps page, download and extract the sample application.
- Launch the Native SDK.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Expand General, and select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Browse to the location where you extracted the sample app, and click OK. The sample project should display in the the Projects section.
- Click Finish to import the project into your workspace.
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
Please see the README of the Samples-for-Java repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.