BlackBerry® JDE Samples
The BlackBerry® JDE Samples project is an Open Source repository of samples that in the past were released within the BlackBerry® Java® Development Environment or BlackBerry® Java® Plug-in for Eclipse®. The samples range in scope from Hello World, to Advanced UI components and include both samples and libraries that offer extended functionality.
Sample code is available that matches JDE released from 4.5.0 to 7.1.0 beta. The samples in the project have been re-formatted and adjusted for Open Source release. Branches and Tags have/will been created to match the state of the samples as they were/are released along with a BlackBerry® Java® Development Environment.
The sample code is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- Pete Vanderveen
The following dependencies are not included and must be downloaded and placed in the appropriate places:
- activation.jar which is part of JavaBeans Activation Framework 1.1 is required for the Browser Multi-part Push Demo. activation.jar should be extracted from the JavaBeans Activation Framework zip and placed in com/rim/samples/server/browsermultipartpushdemo/ as activation.jar.
mail.jar which is part of JavaMail API 1.4.4 is required for the Browser Multi-part Push Demo. mail.jar should be extracted from the JavaMail API zip and placed in com/rim/samples/server/browsermultipartpushdemo/ as mail.jar.
- Everything required to compile and run the BlackBerry® Samples for Java® is included in either of the BlackBerry® Java® environments.
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
How to Build
To build the BlackBerry® Samples:
With the BlackBerry® JDE installed, load the BlackBerry® JDE Samples for Java® workspace and select Build from the Build menu or press the F7 key. All active projcets will compile. You are notified of any compilation or syntax errors during compilation. If any errors occur, the process stops.
To activate or deavtivate a project
Right-click on the project and select Activate Project or Deactivate Project or on the Project menu, click Set Active Projects. Select the projects you want to activate.
- Java® Application Development Overview
- Get started with the BlackBerry® JDE
- Java® Development Guides and API Reference
- BlackBerry® Java® Developer Support Forum
To add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples:
- Fork the JDE-Samples repository
- Make the changes/additions to your fork
- Send a pull request from your fork back to the JDE-Samples repository
- If you made changes to code which you are NOT the owner, send a message via github messages to the Author(s) of the Sample to indicate that you have a pull request for them to review
- If you made changes to code which you own, send a message via github messages to one of the Committers listed below to have your code merged
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.