Aura Sample Application
This sample demonstrates how to integrate HTML5, Accelerometer data and CSS3 into a BlackBerry WebWorks application for the BlackBerry Tablet OS. Aura is the name of a proof-of-concept WebWorks application, initially demonstrates at Mobile World Congress 2011, that allows a user to select from a 4-day Weather forcast of Barcelona Spain, and interact with the application elements by physically moving the BlackBerry device.
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- jquery-1.5.js is dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
- jquery-ui-1.8.9.custom.min.js is dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
- jquery.easing.1.3.js Open source under the BSD License.
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
How to Build
To build the Aura sample application:
- Click on the Downloads tab above.
- Select Download as zip (Windows) or Download as tar.gz (Mac) and save the downloaded file to your local machine.
- Create a new folder on your local machine named Aura e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\User\WebWorks\Aura (Windows) or ~/WebWorks/Aura (Mac).
- Open the downloaded ZIP file from step 2 and extract the contents from inside the zipped Aura folder to your local Aura folder from step 3. This ensures that the necessary application assets, such as config.xml, are correctly located at the top level of the local Aura folder (e.g. ~/WebWorks/Aura/config.xml).
- Using the Ripple Mobile Emulator and the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS, package the contents of your local Aura folder into a BlackBerry application. Enter the project root settings field as the local folder created in step 3, and the archive name settings field as Aura.
- BlackBerry HTML5 WebWorks - Downloads, Getting Started guides, samples, code signing keys.
- [BlackBerry WebWorks Development Guides] (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation)
- BlackBerry WebWorks Community Forums
- BlackBerry Open Source WebWorks Contributions Forums
Please see the README of the WebWorks-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.