UI Examples Sample Application
This sample demonstrates how to replicate some different types of common BlackBerry® UI concepts for a BlackBerry Smartphone using HTML and CSS.
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 v22.214.171.1249
- BlackBerry Storm 9550 v126.96.36.1999
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 v188.8.131.52
These examples have been designed for a Smartphone screen size and not for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™
Requires BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphones v2.0 or higher
- In order to use the spinner on the Input Control Examples you require the assiciated SpinnerControl extension
TODOs and Known Issues
- There are some focus based navigation mode issues that still need to be resolved
- Fix the screen height issue where the bottom of the screen shows the app background color
- Fix the layout issues with Pill Buttons on BB6+
- Fix the layout issues with Tabs on BB6+
- Fix the layout issues on input controls for BB6+
- Add input controls from raw HTML/CSS to webworks.js and webworks.css
- Add buttons from raw HTML/CSS to webworks.js and webworks.css
- Find a way to embed the toolkit image files in webworks.css as base64 encoded images
How to Build
To build the UI Examples sample application:
- Click on the Downloads button at the top right of this screen.
- Select Download.zip and save the downloaded file to your local machine.
- Create a new folder on your local machine named UIExamples (e.g. c:\webworks\UIExamples).
- Open the downloaded ZIP file from step 2 and extract the contents from inside the top level folder to your new UIExamples folder. This ensures that the necessary application assets, such as config.xml, are correctly located at the top level of the UIExamples folder (e.g. c:\webworks\UIExamples\config.xml).
- Using an achiving utility (e.g. WinZip or 7-zip), package the contents of your c:\webworks\UIExamples folder into a ZIP archive named UIExamples.zip. This archive should have the application assets (not a folder containing the application assets) at its top level.
- Using the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphones, package the UIExamples.zip archive into a BlackBerry Smartphone application using the following command line: bbwp c:\webworks\UIExamples\UIExampes.zip
Please see the README of the WebWorks-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.