Upgrade and migration
How to upgrade to release 2.0
On this page you will find infos on how to upgrade from previous versions to release 2.0. A lot has changed since the 1.9.x releases. If you installed a previous package and want to upgrade your project READ THE MIGRATION NOTES!
What's new in release 2.0?
- No external dependencies. Now Backload references only system dlls.
- MVC 5 compatible (see demo project).
- All files (server and client) are now in the ~/Backload folder.
- The integrated controller is now in your project (~/Backload/Controller/BackloadController.cs)
- The controller has a new controller path: /Backload/FileHandler
- Brand new API to access most functions from your custom code (e.g. controller)
- 50% new or refactored internal code
- Optimized memory usage
- New code for PlUpload (MoxieCode) and Fine Uploader (Widen Enterprises) support
- Chunked file uploads enhanced for all supported client side plugins
- Accept uuid identifier send by the client (body form) to prevent overwriting chunks with same file name on cuncurrent chunk Uploads.
- Using the new Json field names recently introduced in JQuery File Upload Plugin (e.g. delete_url ⇒ deleteUrl)
- Most recent version of the supported client side plugins are included (~/Backload/Client)
- New options in the configuration (more here: ~/Backload/Config/_Defaults/Defaults.txt)
Important migration notes:
- Event handler: If you attached to events, FileUploadStatus and FileUploadStatusItem have been renamed to: FileStatus and FileStatusItem in the namespace Backload.Contracts.Status. In your event handlers you must change the interface names and namespaces.
- Configuration: New Web.Backload.xsd schema file must be referenced in the Web.Backload.config file.
- Web.config: The version of the Backload section must be set from 1.9 to 2:
<section name="backload" type="Backload.Configuration.BackloadSection, Backload, Version=2, ... />
- JQuery File Upload Plugin (Views): Release 2.0 uses the new Json field names introduced recently in the Client side plugin from bluimp: e.g. delete_url -> deleteUrl, thumbnail_url -> thumbnailUrl, delete_type -> deleteType, etc.
- Bundeling: New bundle naming schema (~/Backload/Bundles/BackloadBundles.cs). Example: "~/backload/blueimp/bootstrap/BasicPlusUI" for the jQuery File Upload Plugin: Basic Plus UI theme.