An Account represents an Ohloh member. Some Account data is private, and cannot be accessed through the Ohloh API.
id The unique ID for the Account.
name The public name for this Account.
about A short description about this account.
login The Login handle for this account.
created_at The time at which this Account was originally created on Ohloh.
updated_at The time at which this Account record was last modified.
homepage_url An optional URL to a member’s home page, such as a blog.
twitter_account An optional Twitter handle for this account.
url A URL, returning details about this account in XML format.
html_url A URL to the profile's Home page for this account.
avatar_url A URL to the profile image displayed on Ohloh pages. Currently, this is an URL to the Gravatar free image hosting service, which will resolves to a default image if the account holder is not a Gravatar member. Images are 80×80 by default.
email_sha1 The SHA1 hex digest of the account email address.
posts_count The number of posts made to the Ohloh forums by this account.
location An optional text description of this account holder’s claimed location. This text has been validated by either the Google or Yahoo geocoder web service, but the precision is variable.
country_code A string representing the account holder’s country. This field is derived from location using either the Google or Yahoo geocoder web service. If you use this data, read the important note below.
latitude and longitude__ Floating-point values representing the account’s latitude and longitude, suitable for use with the Google Maps API. They are available only when the account has specified a valid location.
kudo_score If this account has a KudoScore, it will appear here. New accounts may not have a KudoScore. The Ohloh seb site displays these accounts with a default KudoRank of 1.
languages Only available when requesting an accounts details, this node will not be returned as part of a search result list. This node contains the total language experience for this account grouped by language.Eachnode contains the following children:
- @color This is the Ohloh color code for this language. If you will be displaying this data in your application it is highly recommended you use the colors returned here as these are the same colors Ohloh uses to display specific languages.
- name The Ohloh code name for this language, e.g. C# will be csharp and C++ will be cpp.
- experience_months The total number of months that Ohloh has computed as experience in this language for the current Account.
- total_commits The total number of commits made by the current Account that contained code in the current Language.
- total_lines_changed The total number of lines changed by the current Account that contained code in the current Language.
- comment_ratio The ratio of comment lines to code lines in commits made by the current Account for the current Language.
Lists the badges awarded to the account holder. All accounts have a Kudo Score of at least 1, so the Kudo Rank badge will always appear here. Badges are listed with these attributes:
- name The name of the badge
- level The numeric value of the level for the badge. Some badges are "binary", such as the Project Manager or the Organization Manager badges. These are awarded when the account holder manages a project or organization, respectively. For these types of badges, the level is '0'
- description This is the description of the badge that is used for tool tips on Ohloh
- image_url This is the URL of a 64x64 pixel icon of the badge image
- pips_url This is the URL of a 15x64 pixel icon of the pips based on the level. This will be empty when the level is 0.
To get a single Account:
You can also retrieve an Account using the MD5 hash of the email address, if you know it:
Read more about email-based queries here.
To get a list of all Accounts:
The account collection method supports the standard collection request parameters with the following details:
- query If supplied, only accounts matching the query string will be returned. Only the name field is searched.
Account collections support the following sort options:
- created_at (default) Recently created, first
- updated_at Recently updated, first
Ohloh preferentially uses the Google Maps API geocoder to resolve location names entered by users.
country_code values obtained from the Google Maps API use two-letter abbreviations.
However, Google’s coverage is not complete, and not all countries can be resolved. For countries that cannot be resolved by the Google geocoder, Ohloh falls back to the Yahoo geocoder. These countries include the United Kingdom and China.
country_code values obtained from Yahoo are full country names, not two-letter abbreviations.
For this reason, there are two data formats intermingled in country_code. Ohloh does not use this data internally, so the data has not been cleaned and unified.