Welcome to Ruby!
Check out the git repository
git clone git://github.com/blazingcloud/ruby_lessons.git
gem install rspec
Configure RSpec (optional). If you're running a bash shell, you can put the following in your .bash_profile to make the output a bit nicer.
alias rspec="rspec --color --format nested"
For lesson 14
gem install fakeweb
Good online references for Ruby & Rails
When you have a question...
First, search for the answer (keywords, exact error string)
If you didn’t find the answer and you need to ask your question:
- Include version numbers: $ ruby -v ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [universal-darwin9.0]
- Note where you have already looked for an answer
- If you can, include code snippets that reproduce the problem in isolation
Other good resources
As a last resort
- Test-First Teaching Concept by Alex Chaffee
- All exercises cross-published at TestFirst.org where some were created in collaboration with Liah Hansen
- Most examples and class by Sarah Allen