This plugin integrates BigBlueButton functionality into Wordpress.
== Description ==
BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system. This plugin integrates BigBlueButton into WordPress allowing bloggers to create and manage meetings rooms to interact with their readers.
For more information on setting up your own BigBlueButton server or for using an external hosting provider visit http://bigbluebutton.org/support
== Installation ==
The easiest way to install is to watch this installation video on YouTube. Here's an overview of the installation.
- Log in as an admin and click on the Plugins menu on the sidebar.
- Click Add new.
- In the search bar enter "bigbluebutton" and click search plugins.
- When you find the plugin called BigBlueButton by Blindside Networks click the install now link.
- Activate the Plugin.
- Click on widgets under the Appearance menu.
- Find the BigBlueButton Widget. Then click and drag it to either the right, content, or footer windows on the right of the screen depending on where you wish the BigBlueButton widget to appear.
- Click on BigBlueButton under the settings menu.
- Fill out the URL of where the BigBlueButton server is running (be sure to add /bigbluebutton/ to the end of the URL) and its salt. Then click on save changes.
- You are ready to begin creating meetings, and holding conferences.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
How do I create meetings?
How users join meetings?
Users join meetings using a joining form. This form can be shown in a site as a sidebar element or as a page/post.
For setting up in the sidebar, add the bigbluebutton widget, as you do with any other, dragging the box to the position you want to.
For setting the joining form up as a page/post, add the shortcode [bigbluebutton] right where you want the form to appear in the page/post. If there are pre-created meetings in wordpress, their names should appear in a listbox from which users can select. If there is only one pre-created meeting the listbox will not be shown and one button with the name of the meeting will appear instead.
Why sometimes the Name and Password are required, some others only the Name and others only the Password?
The plugin gatters the much information it cans from Wordpress, but what will be taken depends of the configuration.
For registered users their registered name or username will be taken as Name. The BigBlueButton role (moderator/attendee) can be assigned automatically depending of the permission settings. This way a registered user in a role which permissions has been previously set would not be required nether for Name nor Password.
For registered users whose role has ben set for requiring always a password, only the Password will be required.
For anonymous users the Name will be always required, but again the Password requirment will depend of the configuration. If Moderator/Attendee role has ben set for them no Password box will be shown in their joining form.
Is there any way users can go directly into a meeting?
Since version 1.3.4 it is possible to provide direct access to the meeting rooms by adding the meeting token ID to the shortcode: (eg. [bigbluebutton token=aa2817f3a1e1]).
The joining form is the same, so with the right permission configuration users would be able to join meetings in one click.
How can I show the recordings?
The only way to show recordings to users is using the shortcode [bigbluebutton_recordings] in a page/post.
Why is it giving an error about creating a meeting room?
Make sure you are using BigBlueButton 0.8 or higher.
What is this error: "Unable to display the meetings. Please check the url of the bigbluebutton server AND check to see if the bigbluebutton server is running."?
You must make sure that your url ends with "/bigbluebutton/" at the end.
So as an example:
How can I improve security?
You should enable the curl extension in php.ini.
== Changelog ==
= 1.3.6 =
- Added feature. Form presentation can be customized using css.
- Fixed issue. Polling image not showing up on multisite deployments.
- Fixed issue. Token generation causes an error when php < 5.3 or no openssl available.
= 1.3.5 =
- Fixed issue. Meeting could not been deleted.
- Fixed issue. Meeting could not been added when using non updated MySQL versions.
= 1.3.4 =
- Fixed issue. List of recordings did not show the correct duration on 32-bit servers.
- Fixed issue. When using short codes, the bigbluebutton content appeared at the very top on the page or post.
- Fixed issue. For anonymous users the join meeting form was always shown, even though they were allowed to sign without password.
- Fixed issue. Recording link broken when the recording is not published
- Fixed issue. Anonymous user were not able to join meetings without password, even though the settings were correct
- Changed meetingId. Wordpress meetingID is no longer the BBB meetingID. Instead a short 13 characters internal token is used to generate the real meetingID.
- Added feature. Title on recording list can be set up using a shortcode parameter [bigbluebutton_recordings title='Example'].
- Added feature. Included classes and ids to the html tags for enable designers to add style.
- Added feature. Password are random generated when not included in create form.
- Added feature. Extended shortcode can receive token id and submit message [bigbluebutton token="a7ccc7f752f65" submit"Meet me there!"]. [token] can be taken from the list of meeting romms created, when set the join button will link to the specific meeting. [submmit] will override the text in the join button.
= 1.3.3 =
- Fixed issue. On admin UI users were prevented to join meetings using the meeting list.
- Fixed issue. When installing and/or updating a version the activate methods were not properly working.
- Changed permissions. Administrator can now set moderator or attendee as default bbb-roles to the different wp-roles available.
- Changed permissions. Administrator can now set -manageRecordings and -participate permissions to any of the wp-roles available.
- Changed interface on joining form. If there is only one meeting the selection box is not shown.
- Changed logouturl. The logout url is now the page from where the create/join call was made instead of the main page.
- Added feature. Plugin can be used on multisite deployments.
= 1.3.2 =
- Fixed an issue on update control that prevented 1.0.1 deployments to be properly updated.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the plugin to work on webservers running php 5.2.
- Fixed an issue that prevented meetings to be created in recording mode.
- Added a warning to the welcome message on the bigbluebutton chat box when the meeting is recorded.
- A generic welcome message can be set as parameter using the shortcode [bigbluebutton welcome='
= 1.3.1 =
- Changed version control. 1:major version (remains),2:minor version (former release version),3:release version.
- Added shortcode [bigbluebutton] to render an access form into a page or post.
- Meetings can be configured to be recorded (optional).
- Configuration form shows the list of recordings available for the Wordpress server.
- Admin users can publish/unpublish and delete recordings from the BigBlueButton server.
- Added shortcode [bigbluebutton_recordings] to render the list of recordings into a page or post.
- Performance improvements (Important: This release does not support multi sites and is not localized)
= 1.0.2 =
- Wait for moderator is now meeting specific.
- Added confirmation messages when ending or deleting a meeting.
- Performance improvements.
= 1.0.1 =
- Updated to use version 1.2 of the php api.
- Uses time stamps for the meeting version, which results in better performance.
- Includes some bug fixes.
= 1.0.0 =
- Added the initial files.
== Upgrade Notice ==
= 1.3.3 = This version enable administrators to set permissions for accessing meetings. It also fixes few issues on deployments.
= 1.3.2 = This version fixes an issue on deployments made on webservers with php 5.2, a bug on the update control and a bug that prevented meetings to be created in recording mode.
= 1.3.1 = This version provides support for playback recordings, better performance, and allows shortcode at posts and pages.
= 1.0.2 = This version provides better performance, and the wait for moderator option is now meeting specific.
= 1.0.1 = This version provides better performance, and includes some bug fixes.
= 1.0.0 = This version is the official release of the bigbluebutton plugin.