Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
STRATO 4.3 Release Notes
March 8, 2019
Beta Version Solidity Virtual Machine - Allows use of a pluggable Solidity VM on designated contracts through additional metadata properties in the contract API requests
Improved Application Deployment - Refactoring of code and libraries relied upon for application deployment, which resulted in a time-saving 50% decrease in deployment time on a single node.
New Demo Application - Fresh new demo application which showcases the latest STRATO features, including OAuth, External Storage, Private Chains, and Consortium Network Governance
Extension of OAuth protection capability to all remaining API endpoints. This provides a foundation for future development work on network monitoring tools
Several Space and memory leak fixes to better support extended network usage. Performance measurements both in speed and in space usage is improved, with overall improvements of 25% and 50%, respectively
Fix to bug that blocked use of External Storage feature when OAuth was enabled
- Starting with the following release (4.4), we will no longer officially be supporting versions of STRATO platform earlier than 4.0.
STRATO 4.2 Release Notes
January 22, 2019
- Enhanced Private Chain Synchronization - Users creating private chains on the blockchain can now add private chain members after the chain has been created, and are able to resynchronize with a private chain if their connection to the blockchain experiences a disruption.
- Private Chain Governance UI and Contract Enhancements - Users now can see a drop down list of default private chain governance options or can drag and drop a Private Chain Governance contract into the UI from a local folder.
- Enhanced Audit Trail Capabilities - Improvements to STRATO's UI to allow audit trail feature to be configured on a contract-specific basis at the time contracts are created or uploaded through the UI. Additional enhancements to improve the coordination between audit trail and private chain features.
- Oauth Integration - New integration capablities with OAuth authentication solutions, extending OAuth-based authentication to all main chain and private chain transactions and interactions.
- UI Improvements - Enhanced user feedback on fauceting.
- Fixed issue in the create contract modal
- Addressed an intermittent memory leak
- Added a default peer connectivity PBFT parameter
- Removed a race condition affecting the consensus protocols
- Private Transaction Chains - To provide transaction privacy, we introduce the concept of private transaction chains. With private transaction chains, participants on the public blockchain will be able to transact with each other privately, while maintaining the immutability and auditability of the public blockchain.
- Enterprise User Management - BlockApps STRATO can be integrated with existing enterprise user management systems, such as OAuth2, OpenID, etc. When submitting a request to sign transactions with BlockApps STRATO, STRATO will validate user metadata with the user management system before proceeding with transaction signing. Learn more here.
- PBFT - We introduce an experimental feature which allows users to select between two consensus algorithms based on their network performance requirements. We offer PBFT as a configurable option (Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance) and default POW (Proof-of-Work). PBFT is faster than Proof of Work, and is designed for permissioned networks where the identities of the participants are known to others.
- Solidity 0.4.24 Upgrade - STRATO now supports Solidity up to version 0.4.24!