This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.0.0
This is the largest change since 1.1.0 more than ten years ago!
The game now uses SDL2 and have a more keyboard, game pad and even touch friendly design!
Compared to the old 1.4.2 a number of changes:
- Uses SDL2. This means textures and sprites instead of old surfaces.
- New config file format
- TTF font support
- Translation support (includes a Danish translation)
- New keyboard and game controller friendly menu system
- Better behind the scenes handling
- Build by a CMake system
- Location of saved games changed in Linux
- Better game controller support (although limited to SDL2 supported controllers)
- Better mouse play
- More modern icon
- Linux saves are now stored under $HOME/.local/share/blockattack
Some known regressions:
- It is not possible to store replays
- There are no network support.
The new back-end will allow it to be implemented smarter in the future. The old version was too difficult to use anyway.
Some regressions that will not be fixed:
- Only SDL2 supported game controllers are supported
- Old config and some saves are lost then converting to 2.0.0+