This project is being built with the goals being (in no particular order):
- Sharing knowledge about less popular/less taught (e.g. compared to web dev), yet very powerful computing topics by building things and explaining as we go
- Showing the development process of large, high performance software, including things like: learning unfamiliar topics, reading docs, fixing bugs and profiling and optimizing
- To build a good game engine that can actually be used to develop games
- Have fun through the entire thing!
Running the code
To run the project you need:
- A recent version of Go installed
- A C/C++ compiler installed and in your path
Then simply clone and use
go run .
Note: that it might take a while to run the first time because of downloading/compiling dependencies.