Can't wait for the next live course to get started with Git and GitHub? If so, we have an on-demand training option designed just for you.
GitHub for Developers is a self-paced course that distills best practices and documentation into a focused series of interactive lessons and covers the two most important things you need to know:
- Using Git to confidently manage your source code
- Using GitHub to collaborate with your team
GitHub for Developers is designed for command-line users who are new to Git and GitHub. This course will help you master the basics of both, from performing essential Git operations to dealing with merge conflicts in Pull Requests. You will even rewrite a bit of project history and learn how to undo almost anything with Git. The course will cover the following sections:
- Section 1: Introducing Git and GitHub
- Section 2: Getting Started with Collaboration
- Section 3: The GitHub Workflow: Branching and Committing
- Section 4: The GitHub Workflow: Pull Requests
- Section 5: Setting up Git
- Section 6: Using GitHub Locally
- Section 7: The Workflow End-to-End
- Section 8: Working with Local Files
- Section 9: Fixing Common Issues with Git
- Section 10: Creating Shortcuts
We've chosen the Wheelhouse education platform to deliver realistic, hands-on projects for an immersive learning experience. You will watch short videos from the GitHub training team, complete exercises to put your new knowledge to work, and receive immediate feedback on the tasks you complete. You will even be guided in practicing skills within your personal GitHub.com account.
For a limited time, we're teaming up with Wheelhouse to offer complimentary access to the GitHub for Developers self-paced course in exchange for your feedback.
To get started, go to training.github.com and click the On Demand tab.