____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ||B |||L |||O |||G |||I |||S |||T || 2.0 ||__|||__|||__|||__|||__|||__|||__|| |/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|
Now with Svbtle Like Menu
You can try it out here like http://oyanglul.us/user/githubname to see how your blog will looks like.
3 mins setup (assuming you are familiar with github, heroku and travis)
1st min: config your own blogist
blogist then clone to local1.1 fork
git clone https://github.com/<github username>/blogist.git cd blogist
here. and copy your github page [repo url], copy the
1.2 follow the first step
❗️ https one, not ssh
1.3 config blogist
then you will get prompt about how to setup your blogist, alternatively you can download my setting and make change to it.
you’ll have to input the following:(* required)
- github_name*: your github username
- homepage*: your blog url, with “https?:\"
- ghpage_repo: [repo url] you copy before [
❗️IMPORTANT: use https link, not ssh!]
- author_name: optional, by default your git config user.name
- blog_title: title of your blog
- description:description of your blog
- theme: choose your blog theme, by default flatly, or anythin you like from here http://bootswatch.com/
- branch: default master, or gh-pages if you like.
- disqus_name: disqus short name
- google_analytics: google analytics code
- about_gist: the gist hash of your about page
after you complete the config, a settings.json will be generated. if you want to change the settings later, just modify this file.
alternatively, you may copy my settings.json file change things to yours, and put it in config/. then run `sh install.sh`
2nd min: configure travis ci (if you don’t need SEO because gist already does that for you, skip this, you’r DONE!)
2.1 Setup CI
open https://travis-ci.org/profile and find your repo
then go grab a cup of coffee, you’ll see the repo show up in travis when back.
2.2 push to github page
git add config/settings.json git commit -am "init config" git push origin master
then wait for the ci pass.
visit one article like http://oyanglul.us/#/gist/10696702/Learn%20julia%20in%20Y%20Minutes and remove the
#, if it’s not 404 page, congrat
3rd min: SEO
- go to the your repo’s travis
- open inspector goto network tab
- click rebuild
- right click the rebuild url and select “Copy as Curl”
- open https://addons.heroku.com/marketplace/scheduler
- add this addon to any of your heroku app. then open https://scheduler.heroku.com/dashboard.
- click add job then paste the curl you just copied.
- set the frequency as often as you like to cache your blogist for seo.
feel free posting issues here https://github.com/blogist/blogist/issues