A speedtest tool for Azure. Test network latencies and speed to Azure data centers from different countries.
How To Run AzureSpeed
- Open AzureSpeed.sln in Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3 or above, install DotNet Core from https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#windows
- In each Azure region you want to run speed test, create one storage account
- Replace storage accounts and keys in AzureSpeed.Web.App\Data\settings.json
- Run AdminConsole.exe to initialize storage account, this tool will take care of everything needs for a storage account to run speed test
- Enable CORS
- Create two containers
- Create a callback.js which is used by latency test
- Upload a 100MB dummy file for download speed test (Test file can be downloaded from http://azurespeed.com/Azure/Download)
- Replace storage account names in AzureSpeed.Web.App\wwwroot\js\azurespeed\common.js and AzureSpeed.Web.App\wwwroot\js\azurespeed\controllers\mainCtrl.js
- You are all set, enjoy!