Android mobile application - Europe Live Weather Compare. Full Java source code and most of the code for the webserver stuff that provides the data feed.
Originally developed for a Design/HCI module as part of a CS course at UCL, London, from Dec to Jan 2012-13.
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Ben Lee-Rodgers, nw3weather.co.uk.
All rights as per MIT licence (do what you want but keep the above copyright notice).
Ideas for future implementations
- Use the latest Android API to bring it up-to-date now that so few phones use the old (pre-14) APIs
- Switch to Google Maps API v2.0 now that v1 is deprecated (essential as they no longer issue keys for v1)
- Support for other languages (only English at present)
- Support for large screen sizes and high resolutions (currently looks excessivley stretched)
- Add feels-like and wind direction variables
- Add views for min/max data from yesterday, maybe swipe up/down to swap between these and the 'Latest' view
- Allow multiple city collections, so users can switch between different 9-city views (Europe, UK for example)
- Draggable tiles to allow custom arrangement
- Improved graphics and animation
- List-based selection of cities
- List of available cities read from server rather than locally (SQLite DB).
- Expand to other continents, and/or globally.