Vector emulates a vector display, like those found on the Tektronix terminals and in arcade games such as Asteroids and Tempest. It is implemented in OpenGL and OpenGL ES2.
- Tektronix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpD1QXvtlcg
- Arcade games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIzugbsCMk
It targets the iPad and OSX for now. For best results, use an iPad 4 or a Retina MacBookPro. Vector runs poorly on the simulator and I haven't tested anything slower than an iPad 4.
In its current state, it's a sample program that demonstrates the most basic of vector display functionality.
The files are organized as follows:
- Vector/ Implements the reusable code: a platform independent vector display.
- test/ Makes up the basic test drawing. Used by all test applications.
- ios/ The iOS demo application boilerplate.
- osx/ The Mac OS X demo application boilerplate.
The font in the screenshot is the "simplex" font. More info on that: http://paulbourke.net/dataformats/hershey/