Upgrade from the same major version
The next steps are valid for upgrade any version from the same major version. The major version is the first digit from the value, for example,
- Make a full backup, all files and directories.
- Remember which version of Bludit you are using for a possible roll-back.
- Download the latest version from the official page.
- Extract the zip file.
- Replace existing files with the new files.
- Log into the admin area and check your settings.
Upgrade Bludit from v2.3.4 to Bludit v3.0
To do the migration, we recommend the tool created by @anaggh, please read the follow considerations and also read the process in his repository. If you have any question you can ask in the forum or in the chat.
Consideration before the migration
- Remember to do a full backup before proceeding with the migration, the full backup means copy all files not only from the folder
- The plugins
Timemachine Xare going to be disabled and their content deleted.
- The migration tool creates a folder
/migrations/and inside, another folder called
bl-contentwith all the pages and databases compatible with Bludit v3.0.
- After the processes of migration, you need to remove all the files and folders except
/migrations/and install the new version of Bludit.
- After the installation of Bludit v3.0, copy the folder
/migrations/bl-contentto your new installation.