Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
In this release:
- New feature: Playlists
- Create and share playlists
- You can create playlists from YouTube, Kakapo and SoundCloud files/urls.
- We will update the selection over time and highlight popular shares between people.
- New redesign: Now it's easier to navigate and add sounds
- Smaller installers & zip
- More bug fixing (especially Desktop mode)
- Website & desktop app into one application/development process
- More bug fixing and reliability
- Smaller audio files (using .ogg over .m4a)
- 2 new sounds added: Birds & Bonfire
A nice new release contains the following:
- You can drag and drop audio files into Kakapo.
- Major bug fixes (especially around downloading sounds and keeping data between updates).
- Aside from searching/adding sounds from the internet, the app works 100% offline.
- Improvements to audio playback.
- Development process reworked to be faster and more stable across Windows & Mac.
Next version will 100% have new sounds in!
I'm currently trying to work out how to reduce the overall filesize of the app as I add new audio files.
This is a small update that includes:
- Images have light and dark variations
- Small style tweaks
- Small technical improvements (using immutable data structure and depreciate react-hot-loader)
The next release will contain a bunch of new sounds
This is the first release of the Mac & Windows apps!
Linux will need more testing before release.