Server Shield is a lightweight method of protecting and hardening your Linux server. It is easy to install, hard to mess up, and makes your server instantly and effortlessly resistant to many basic and advanced attacks.
All IP addresses will be automatically detected and used for the firewall configuration. Automatic security updates are enabled by default.
No maintenance required— just set it and forget it!
- You want protection that requires absolutely no configuration.
- You want protection that won't break stuff.
- You dislike complexity and favor simple solutions.
- You understand the importance of preventative measures
- You need exceptional performance.
- Slowloris Protection
- Firewall Hardening
- ICMP/Ping Flood Resistance
- FTP/SSH Bruteforce Protection
- Automatic Security Updates
- Disables Bash History
- DNS Amplification Protection
git clone https://github.com/bluedragonz/server-shield cd server-shield;chmod +x sshield;mv sshield /etc/init.d /etc/init.d/sshield start
Server Shield depends on several pieces of open source software to function properly. If yum is available, the following packages will be silently installed and kept up to date:
If you're interested in helping out, fork the project and start coding! The project is young and there is still a lot of room for improvement. All comments, questions, conerns and suggestions are welcomed.