Win11 in React!
This open source project is made in the hope to replicate the Windows 11 desktop experience on web, using standard web technologies like React, CSS (SCSS), and Js.
This project is not in anyway affiliated with Microsoft and should not be confused with Microsoft’s Operating System or Products.
This is also not Windows 365 cloud PC.
WHY NOT? Why not just waste a week of your life creating a react project just to coverup your insecurities of how incompetent you are. Just Why not!
- Start Menu, Search Menu and Widgets
- Desktop and Right Click action
- Side Navigation and Calendar View
- Snap windows in different layouts
- Browser, Store, Terminal, Calculator
- Notepad, Vscode, Whiteboard
- File Explorer + (
- Drag and Resize windows
- Startup and Lock screen
- Themes and (
- Framework - React (^17.0.2) + Redux
- Component/UI Library - None!!
- Styling Solution - SCSS and CSS Modules (tailwind).
- Icons - fontawesome
Is this the full operating system?
- No, This is not a full operating system and It is also not affiliated by Microsoft in anyway.
How long it took?
- Honestly It took 2-3 days collecting assets, 2-3 planning and about 6 days programming it.
Did you use any UI/Library?
Can I contribute?
Where did you get the inspiration from, if you have?
- I got the inspiration from this youtube video.
What is the answer of Life, the Universe, and Everything?
To use docker use the following command
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name windows11 -p 3000:3000 ghcr.io/blueedgetechno/win11React:master
You can find a compiled exe in the Releases section or via clicking HERE
- Blur not working in Firefox browser.
about:configin your firefox browser.
- Search for
layout.css.backdrop-filter.enabledand set it to