This ruby script + cron job allows you to text message expense reports to be posted (via curl) to the google spread sheet that calculates the shared expenses.
d <twitter account> <cost><delimiter><item name><delimiter><item description>
Based on the above information, tweeting:
==d mytwixpenser 25.15!myitem!This is the item I bought==
|Time Stamp||Item||Description||Amount||Who Paid?||Original Tweet|
|(Time of Tweet)||myitem||This is the item I bought||25.15||d mytwixpenser 25.15This is the item I bought|
- Create a new twitter account @ http://www.twitter.com
- Follow your new twitter account, and have your new twitter account follow you.
- Do the following
git clone git://github.com/bluepojo/twixpenser.git
mv example.twix.conf.yml twix.conf.yml
emacs twix.conf.yml # or which ever your favorite text editor is
- Enter your new twitter account information in the fields provided in twix.conf.yml
- Here you have the option of selecting a different delimiter for your text messages. Default is “!”. Note the format above to see how the delimiter is used.
- Create your google spreadsheet that will contain the data. Here is an example of the spreadsheet I use: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p9Gin1JloQVNsHvy3Twj3HQ&hl=en . Feel free to copy it. Here is the accompanying form: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cDlHaW4xSmxvUVZOc0h2eTNUd2ozSFE6MA.... which is just the auto generated form, with no edits.
**Note that this is the url that you need to place in your twixpenser.conf.yml file on the :url line.
- Find your google form’s key. This is that random string of characters on the end of the link that you use to access the form. Paste it exactly after the = in the url.
- Todo: how to set up the google form. (with example?)