Idiocy is a warning shot to people browsing the internet insecurely.
For more information: http://jonty.co.uk/idiocy
Idiocy quitely watches for people unsecurely visiting twitter on public wifi networks, then hijacks their session to post a tweet warning them about the dangers. It was written in response to the release of Firesheep, which will result in a huge increase in session stealing attacks, with no defence other than forcing people to use SSL.
Idiocy requires libpcap, python-pcap (http://code.google.com/p/pypcap) and python-dpkt. Also python.
- apt-get install libpcap python-pcap python-dpkt
- iw wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor && ifconfig mon0 up
- ./idiocy.py -i mon0
- Should be very similar to the above, can someone with a Mac investigate for me?
- God knows. I do know that getting your wifi card into monitor mode on windows can be difficult.
- The code is crap. I wrote it at 7am in a fit of irritation.
- I'd love to add support for facebook and the like.