health_inspector is a knife plugin that inspects your chef repo as it
compares to what is on your chef server. You can inspect your entire repo,
or individual components.
$ gem install health_inspector $ cd [chef repo]
knife inspect knife cookbook inspect knife cookbook inspect [COOKBOOK] knife data bag inspect knife data bag inspect [BAG] knife data bag inspect [BAG] [ITEM] knife environment inspect knife environment inspect [ENVIRONMENT] knife role inspect knife role inspect [ROLE]
What it does
So far it checks if...
- your cookbooks are in sync
- you have uncommitted changes in a cookbook (assuming your cookbooks are in their own git repos)
- you have commits in a cookbook that haven't been pushed to your remote (assuming your cookbooks are in their own git repos)
- your data bags are in sync
- your data bag items are in sync
- your environments are in sync
- your roles are in sync