0.16.1 ( 2017-11-24 )
- Support Chef 13 (#51). No other change.
0.16.0 ( 2017-03-14 )
- Remove explicit dependency on rack (let chef-zero deal with it) (#50) Thanks for catching that @jonlives! I introduced the issue in 0.15.0
0.15.0 ( 2016-08-03 )
- New (old) feature: Chef 11 is supported again! (#46). Thanks @kdaniels!
- Updated development dependencies and set the version of rack to < 2
- Switch to ffi-yajl like Chef
0.14.1 ( 2016-07-22 )
- Bug fix: explicitly call the
HealthInspectormodule with a root prefix (#46). This prevents a crash when running knife inspect in some cases
0.14.0 ( 2016-04-22 )
- New feature: Allow to deactivate inspection by component (#34). Thanks @kamaradclimber
--no-cookbooks --no-data-bags --no-data-bag-items --no-environments --no-roles
0.13.1 ( 2016-02-16 )
- Don't rely on deprecated auto-inflation of JSON data. Switch to
#json_createfor Chef resources
0.13.0 ( 2016-02-16 )
- Fixed compatibility with Chef 12.7.2 (#42)
0.12.0 ( 2015-02-05 )
- Bumped Chef compatibility to support Chef 12 ([#36][#36]). This is otherwise identical to 0.11.1
0.11.1 ( 2015-01-26 )
- Bug fix: Use
Gem::Versionto parse Chef's version (#35) (thanks @docwhat!)
0.11.0 ( 2014-10-27 )
- Bug fix: recursive diff would stop if two keys were identical between local and server (#23)
0.10.0 ( 2014-10-13 )
- Feature: Support cookbooks that only have a
metadata.jsonfile but no
metadata.rb(Berkshelf does that) (#5)
- Feature: Use parallel lib to speed up REST API operations (#27)
0.9.2 ( 2014-08-11 )
- Bug fix: Fixed regression in the regression fix for Chef 10 that broke knife-inspect with Chef 11 (#25)
0.9.1 ( 2014-08-11 )
- Bug fix: Fixed regression that broke knife-inspect with Chef 10.32.2 (and probably previous Chef 10 versions) (#25) This release was yanked from RubyGems due to a bug. Please download 0.9.2 instead.
0.9.0 ( 2014-08-11 )
- Bug fix: update yajl-ruby dependency to 1.2, 1.1 segfaulted in some cases (#22)
- Feature: Make output not use unicode when stdout is not a TTY. (Ben Hughes) (#21)
- Bug fix: fix a bug with git submodules in some cases (#7)
0.8.0 ( 2014-01-10 )
- New feature: Support data bags, data bag items, environments and roles inside folders.
- Add initial specs for the checklists.
- General cleanup: got rid of some duplicate code and dead code.
0.7.1 ( 2014-01-06 )
- Small bug fix:
knife data bag inspectreturned the status code only for data bag items, not data bags.
0.7.0 ( 2014-01-03 )
It's alive! Thanks a lot to Ben Marini for starting this project! I'm happy to be the new maintainer of knife-inspect, this is an essential tool for all users Chef Server users.
- The plugin is now compatible with Chef 11 (#6)
- Fix inspect for something non-existent (#2)
- Exit with the proper status (0 for success, 1 for failure) (#14)
- Remove dependency on thor (#15)
- Specify version of the yajl-ruby gem (same as Chef)
0.6.2 ( 2013-02-27 )
- Be indifferent about symbols and strings for hash keys when diff'ing
0.6.0 ( 2012-11-1 )
Add knife plugins for all existing functionality:
- knife inspect
- knife cookbook inspect [COOKBOOK]
- knife data bag inspect [BAG] [ITEM]
- knife environment inspect [ENVIRONMENT]
- knife role inspect [ROLE]
Lost support for quiet-sucess option (We can add that back, or make a quiet options that just returns exit status).
0.5.2 ( 2012-10-19 )
- Make loading of Chef Config a little more robust.
0.5.1 ( 2012-10-15 )
- Ignore _default environment if it only exists on the server.
0.5.0 ( 2012-10-14 )
- Switch to RSpec
- Add some test coverage (still needs much more).
- Add option to suppress terminal output on successful checks.
- Add option to not use ansi color output.
- Make cookbook version comparison use Chef's native version class.
0.4.1 ( 2012-09-28 )
- Fix a bug I created in last release when passing no component.
0.4.0 ( 2012-09-28 )
inspectthe default task
Add ability to specify individual components:
health_inspector inspect cookbooks
0.3.1 ( 2012-09-27 )
- Stop shelling out for knife commands, use Chef API directly for everything.
0.3.0 ( 2012-09-26 )
- Add new check for cookbooks: checksum comparison for each file.
0.2.1 ( 2012-09-26 )
- Fix 1.8.7 incompatibility introduced in last release (String#prepend).
0.2.0 ( 2012-09-25 )
- Add a better diff output.
- Add diff output to data bag items.
- Switch to yajl-ruby to fix JSON parsing issues (Chef uses this also).
0.1.0 ( 2012-09-24 )
- Bump Chef dependency version up to 10.14
- Add support for JSON environments.
- Add support for JSON roles.
- Display the diff between JSONs when JSON data doesn't match.
0.0.6 ( 2012-05-23 )
- Depend on Chef 0.10.8, since it depends on a later version of the json gem. An earlier version of the json gem was throwing incorrect parse errors.
0.0.5 ( 2012-04-13 )
- Fix #2, exception when a data bag item json file doesn't exist locally.
0.0.4 ( 2012-04-09 )
- Add checks for data bags, data bag items, environments, and roles.
0.0.3 ( 2012-03-27 )
- Read cookbook paths from knife config file instead of hardcoding /cookbooks.
0.0.2 ( 2012-03-27 )
- Make sure we iterate over actual cookbooks in cookbooks folder.
0.0.1 ( 2012-03-27 )
- Initial release.