Change log for MarkWrap library
- No longer uses Pegdown to render Markdown, as Pegdown is officially at end-of-life. Now uses flexmark-java and the CommonMark dialect, with some additional extensions. For the list of enabled extensions, see the MarkWrap web site.
- Deprecated the
MarkWrap.parserFor()functions, because they throw exceptions. Added new
MarkWrap.converterFor()functions that return
- Added more unit tests.
- Updated to cross-build against Scala 2.12.0-final.
- Updated to ScalaTest 3.0.0, and converted all tests to
- Added Lightbend Activator for auto-downloading build.
- Integrated with Travis CI.
- Now builds with Scala 2.12, as well as 2.10 and 2.11.
- Disabled conversion of "---", "--", and quotes to HTML entities (which mean
the resulting HTML can be more reliably parsed by
- Updated ScalaTest and Pegdown versions.
- Built for Scala 2.10 and 2.11.
- Updated to latest version of ScalaTest.
- Bumped the WikiText
textile-coreversion to 1.4 and the
pegdownversion to 1.2.1. Thanks to Ricky Elrod, ricky.gh at elrod.me, for the update.
- Compiles against Scala 2.10.1 now (which should be bytecode-compatible with prior Scala 2.10 releases).
- Bumped ScalaTest version to 2.0.M5b.
- Cross-compiled and published for Scala 2.10.0-RC1.
- Converted to use ScalaTest 2.0, which changes
- Added Scala 2.10.0-M7 to the list of cross-built versions.
- The project now explicitly specifies the SBT ls plugin, instead of assuming that it's globally specified, to permit others to build the project more easily.
- Build converted to use SBT 0.12.0.
- Added Scala 2.9.2 to the list of cross-built versions.
- Added Scala 2.9.1-1 to the list of cross-built versions.
- Converted to build with SBT 0.11.2.
- Added support for
- Now publishes to
oss.sonatype.org(and, thence, to the Maven central repo).
- Now instantiates the underlying Pegdown parser with the
HARDWRAPSoption disabled, ensuring that hard linewraps in the Markdown source are not propagated automatically to the generated HTML. This is more consistent with common usage. To force a newline, use two or more spaces at the end of a line.
- When calling
MarkWrap.parserFor()on Markdown, the underlying code returned an object that allocated a new Pegdown processor each time
parseToHTML()was called. That's silly, so the object now allocates a Pegdown processor when it's allocated and re-uses it. Note that this change makes the returned Markdown parser object not thread-safe, since Pegdown is not thread-safe. (Just allocate one parser per thread, if you're threading.)
MarkWrapParser.parseToHTMLDocument()no longer uses
scala.xmlto compose the document. First, there's no need; building the resulting string directly is more efficient. Second, HTML supports entities that XML does not, so using
scala.xmlcan result in those entities being improperly converted.
- Now builds for Scala 2.9.1, as well as 2.9.0-1, 2.9.0, 2.8.1, and 2.8.0.
- Converted code to conform with standard Scala coding style.
- For some reason, "publish" with Scala 2.9.0 causes some JSON error while attempting to generate the documentation jar. Disabled publishing documentation jar for now.
- Now builds against Scala 18.104.22.168, as well as Scala 2.9.0, 2.8.1 and 2.8.0.
- Converted to build with SBT 0.10.1
- Now uses Pegdown to parse Markdown, instead of Knockoff.
- Now uses FuseSource WikiText fork of Eclipse Mylyn Wikitext.
- Now available for Scala 2.9.0, as well as 2.8.1 and 2.8.0.
- Now compiles against Scala 2.8.1, as well as 2.8.0.
- Added tests for remaining parser and document types.
- Now published to the Scala Tools Maven repository, which SBT includes by default. Thus, if you're using SBT, it's longer necessary to specify a custom repository to find this artifact.