Notes from the opening kickoff held on 2/27/19
Purpose: Outline our intended purpose of the web app.
- Users add music to a queue using Spotify links
- Hosted in a web app as a server, with a client relationship to a Raspberry Pi
- Music in the queue is made up of Spotify songs, using URIs (spotify:track:0efT4YKQLQx2YHbp6vgRX8).
- Users insert URIs by grabbing them from the Spotify app on their phone. (Or the link, and we extract URI)
- Items in the queue can be upvoted and downvoted in order to allow for dynamic rearrangement of the queue.
- Downvote results in either removal or some other action determined by admin client configuration
- Vote to skip if dissatisfied with the currently playing song
- No repeat songs within admin configured time range
Admin functionality (Configuring the pi to owner preferences)
- Allow for disabling explicit songs
- Blacklist of songs
- Genre Preferences -> playing a genre when the queue is empty (auto-populated queue)
- Hosts the web interface for listener's devices to post songs
- Raspberry Pi connects to a server hosting our app and then streams Spotify songs through its 3.5mm jack
- Who's account will we use on the Pi? Any account needs to request an API key
- We can rent/borrow Pi's from one another + HackIowa to test the client
- What's our stack