The Basic Meeting List Toolbox (BMLT) is a powerful, database-driven system for tracking NA meetings. It is NOT an official product of NA. Rather, it is a project designed and implemented by NA members, and meant to be used by official NA Service bodies.
This project implements a "standalone satellite." It does not have to be integrated into a content management system.
The project requires a functioning BMLT root server. It does not implement a root server, but connects to an existing one. It requires a Web server capable of executing PHP 5.6 or above.
This class uses the BMLT Satellite Base Class, which is available on GitHub, here.
You need to move the "bmlt-basic" directory, and all its contents, into a PHP-executable directory that is the same level as the file that will include it.
You need to have the config-bmlt-basic.inc.php in the same directory. This is the file that will be modified to establish the settings.
<html>--- | V <bmlt-basic>----------------- | | | V V bmlt_basic.class.php config-bmlt-basic.inc.php * | * | etc. V index.php
Below, is a super-simple implementation of the BMLT:
<?php require_once ( dirname ( __FILE__ ).'/bmlt-basic/bmlt_basic.class.php' ); ?> <head><?php $basic_bmlt_object->output_head(); ?></head> <body><?php $basic_bmlt_object->output_body(); ?></body>
There are a number of sample files included with the installation. These are not necessary for running the app, but show how it can be used in various ways (not just the default map search).
**Version 3.9.6 ** - December 24, 2018
- Fixed an issue where the Enter key would not submit the meeting search form when using Firefox on standard [[BMLT]] shortcode.
- Fixed an issue with Google Map API being called wrong.
- Added sorting to map search for service bodies and formats.
**Version 3.9.5 ** - December 20, 2018
- Fix for the BMLT_CHANGES shortcode.
- WML 1.1 fix for BMLT_MOBILE shortcode.
- ROOTPATH must ALWAYS be defined, but if its not we must account for that properly.
**Version 3.9.4 ** - December 17, 2018
- Migrated to use composer instead of submodules.
- When creating URLs for static content, the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PORT and HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PROTO headers are now inspected for determining the port and protocol.
**Version 3.9.3 ** - July 31, 2018
- Minor warning fix for missing lang.
- Added a line to the AJAX URI calculator to allow the server admin to "hardcode" an HTTPS port, in case the server is misconfigured.
- Added fix for possible XSS hijack in the fast mobile form.
**Version 3.9.2 ** - February 11, 2018
- Minor adjustments to the Swedish localization.
- Added a new "Supermax" option to the auto-radius settings.
***Version 3.9.1 ** - January 4, 2018
- Fixed an issue where some translated versions had bad settings in the BMLT options initial map type.
- New Italian Translation.
- Fixed a bug in the admin screen where it was possible to cause problems with translated strings containing apostrophes.
***Version 3.9.0 ** - December 31, 2017
- Added the Auto-Radius Density capability to the admin screen (No effect on this project).
**Version 3.8.2 ** - October 8, 2017
- The "fix" in 3.8.1 broke certain other installations. That should be fixed here.
**Version 3.8.1 ** - October 8, 2017
- The 3.7.1 version had an anonymous function pointer that caused some LAMP servers to puke (They shouldn't). It is no longer anonymous, and that should fix it.
**Version 3.8.0 ** - October 8, 2017
- Adds support for responsiveness in the standard [[bmlt]] shortcode.
- Adds support for an adjustable geo_width.
**Version 3.7.1 ** - September 24, 2017
- Fixes two bugs: 1) Certain non-Roman character sets could fail text match searches, and 2) result sets of no format codes could be counted as empty.
**Version 3.7.0 ** - September 24, 2017
- Added Spanish translation -FINALLY! Thanks, Costa Rica!
**Version 3.6.2 ** - September 21, 2017
- Fixes a style issue, where the style could sometimes not be applied for the mobile shortcode.
**Version 3.6.1 ** - September 19, 2017
- Fixes a style issue, where images were not being displayed in the regular [[BMLT]] shortcode.
**Version 3.6.0 ** - September 18, 2017
- Added the [[BMLT_QUICKSEARCH]] shortcode.
**Version 3.5.1 ** - September 11, 2017
- There were still outstanding issues that needed to be addressed.
**Version 3.5.0 ** - September 10, 2017
- Added the capability to have different localizations apply to different settings.
**Version 3.4.7 ** - June 17, 2017
- Added a workaround for nonstandard SSL certs.
**Version 3.4.6 ** - May 18, 2017
- Added support for a Region Bias.
**Version 3.4.4 ** - March 12, 2017
- Added a fix to the [[BMLT_TABLE]] shortcode that ensures that empty columns in the table get non-breaking spaces if the value is empty.
**Version 3.4.3 ** - January 1, 2017
- Added the "GNYR2" theme.
- Fixed a bug in the fast table display, where venue names were not being displayed.
- Couple of minor tweaks in the Google API includes. Probably makes no difference.
**Version 3.4.1 ** - November 6, 2016
- There was one more place in the mobile implementation that needed the key.
**Version 3.4.0 ** -October 16, 2016
- Reintroduced support for the Google API Key.
**Version 3.3.9 ** -May 22, 2016
- Now detect escape key to close meeting details overlay.
- The mobile JS file was importing a non-HTTPS Google Maps API. I changed this to use the HTTPS version.
**Version 3.3.7 ** -May 2, 2016
- Tweaked the README format to better match Atlassian's requirement.
- You can now load only a single stylesheet (for the bmlt_table shortcode).
- Added Doxygen documentation.
**Version 3.3.6 ** -April 21, 2016
- Moved the samples up into the main directory, as it makes them immediately executable.
- The details display for the standard bmlt shortcode now has a grayed-out background. Clicking anywhere in that background dismisses the dialog.
- The comments in some of the samples were wrong.
- The samples are now at the main level, so they can be run directly.
**Version 3.3.4 ** -April 14, 2016
- Refactored to make the code more straightforward and reusable.
- Refactored this file for better markdown display.
- Fixed a bug, in which the proper throbber was not being displayed where multiple themes are on the same page for the bmlt_table shortcode.
- Added a "Complex Table" preset to the unit test (Displays multiple bmlt_table shortcodes).
**Version 3.3.3 ** -April 9, 2016
- Fixes a bug that could possibly cause issues with unparameterized instances of bmlt_table.
**Version 3.3.2 ** -April 9, 2016
- Added a "Breaker Div" to the end of the meeting list.
- Work on improving code quality.
- Added more style hooks to the bmlt_table shortcode display.
- Fixed a minor bug in the bmlt_table and bmlt_simple shortcodes, where supplying just a settings ID would be ignored.
**Version 3.3.1 ** -April 6, 2016
- Made the weekday tab overflow hidden.
- The format circles now float to the right.
- Added a display for days with no meetings.
- Fixed a bug in the [[bmlt_table]] shortcode, where the loading throbber would get replaced too quickly when selecting weekday tabs.
- Corrected a bug that allowed "00:00" times (should be "Midnight").
- Fixed a bug in the "simple map search" that displayed the info windows offset.
**Version 3.3.0 ** -April 4, 2016
- Made it so that we can have specialized themes, amied at only certain shortcodes.
- Major revision of the bmlt_table shortcode, with a new structure aimed at improving responsive capability.
**Version 3.2.4 ** -April 1, 2016 (Happy April Fools'!)
- Broke the table styling out into separate files that are all loaded at once. This allows a lot more flexibility when implementing the table display.
- Tweaked the GNYR style.
**Version 3.2.3 ** -March 30, 2016
- Got rid of an undeclared variable warning.
- Fixed a bug that caused rendering issues with the new table shortcode on Internet Exploder.
- Fixed a minor style issue, where the selection triangle would flow below the text in large text situations.
- Changed the styling for the selected header triangle to make the table display a bit more responsive.
- Added samples for the new bmlt_table shortcode.
**Version 3.2.2 ** -March 29, 2016
**Version 3.2.1 ** -March 29, 2016
**Version 3.2.0 ** -March 29, 2016
- Significant addition of the new bmlt_table shortcode.
**Version 3.1.0 ** -March 8, 2016
- Added support for HTTPS (SSL).
- Added Italian localization.
**Version 3.0.29 ** -January 10, 2016
- Added support for a runtime language selector as a cookie. If you set a cookie named "bmlt_lang_selector," and set its simple string value to an ISO 639-1 or ISO 639-2 supported language, that will select the client language.
**Version 3.0.28 ** -August 15, 2015
- Added Portuguese Translation.
**Version 3.0.27 ** -February 9, 2015
- The BMLT_MOBILE shortcode didn't work. This was fixed with a combination of adding some code to the class, and also changing the way that it is used.
**Version 3.0.26 ** -January 31, 2015
- Fixed an issue with the extra fields display in the regular shortcode display details.
- Fixed an issue where the arbitrary fields were actually creating too many results.
- Now hide the distance_in_km/miles parameters in the meeting details (these are internal parameters).
**Version 3.0.25 ** -November 22, 2014
- Fixed a CSS issue with the admin display map. Some themes (especially responsive ones) declare a global max-width for images. This hoses Google Maps, and has to be compensated for.
- Added full support for arbitrary fields. This was an important capability that was left out after Version 3.X
**Version 3.0.24 ** -July 31, 2014
- Adds a cURL user-agent, as some servers filter cURL requests.
**Version 3.0.23 ** -July 17, 2014
- Added Danish localization, and fixed a minor admin bug.
**Version 3.0.22 ** -June 25, 2014
- Removed some warning-generating messages.
- Added Danish localization.
- Fixed a bug introduced in the last release.
**Version 3.0.21 ** -February 23, 2014
- This adds fixes for servers that run on non-standard TCP ports.
**Version 3.0.20 ** -December 31, 2013
- Fixed a character set issue that affected Internet Exploder.
**Version 3.0.19 ** -December 7, 2013
- Added French localization
**Version 3.0.18 ** -September 7, 2013
- Some German localization corrections.
**Version 3.0.17 ** -July 1, 2013
- Corrected German localization.
- Added the ability to specify which day weeks begin (in Europe, it is common for weeks to begin on Monday).
**Version 3.0.16 ** -May 22, 2013
- Added German localization.
**Version 3.0.15 ** -May 19, 2013
- Included the latest base class (does not address any issue with this project).
**Version 3.0.14 ** -May 18, 2013
- Fixed an issue, where the AJAX URI could have invalid characters.
**Version 3.0.12 ** -May 16, 2013
- Added the Military time field to the example config file.
- Updated the base class to remove some warnings and whatnot.
**Version 3.0.11 ** -May 13, 2013
- Reduced the number of times that the marker redraw is called in the standard bmlt shortcode handler.
- Fixed an issue with CSS that caused displayed maps to get funky.
**Version 3.0.10 ** -May 5, 2013
- Fixed a bug where search results could occasionally show "too many reds."
**Version 3.0.8 ** -April 28, 2013
- Added support for display of military time.
**Version 3.0.3 ** -April 15, 2013
- Fixed a Swedish localization bug.
**Version 3.0.0 ** -January 26, 2013
- First release (version is to sync with the other satellite clients).