The Basic Meeting List Toolbox (BMLT) is a powerful, database-driven system for tracking NA meetings. It is NOT an official product of NA. Rather, it is a project designed and implemented by NA members, and meant to be used by official NA Service bodies.
This project is a CMS "base." It has a lot of functionality built into it, such as administration and various renderers, but in a "CMS agnostic" fashion. This class is an abstract class that needs to be subclassed and extended. It uses a Presentation Model pattern, and extensions are responsible for supplying Model storage management and View connectivity.
The project requires a functioning BMLT root server. It does not implement a root server, but connects to an existing one. It requires PHP 5.0 or above.
This class uses the BMLT Satellite "Driver" Class, which is available on BitBucket, here.
To pull the latest driver run
The instructions for employment of this class are on this page.
**Version 3.9.12 ** - December 24, 2018
- Fixed an issue where the Enter key would not submit the meeting search form when using Firefox on standard [[BMLT]] shortcode.
- Fixed an issue with Google Map API being called wrong.
**Version 3.9.11 ** - December 24, 2018
- Added sorting to map search for service bodies and formats.
**Version 3.9.10 ** - December 20, 2018
- Fix for the BMLT_CHANGES shortcode.
- WML 1.1 fix for BMLT_MOBILE shortcode.
- ROOTPATH must ALWAYS be defined, but if its not we must account for that properly.
**Version 3.9.9 ** - December 14, 2018
**Version 3.9.8 ** - December 7, 2018
- Only define ROOTPATH if not defined already.
**Version 3.9.7 ** - December 5, 2018
- Added the "NERNA" theme.
- Minor adjustments to the German localization.
**Version 3.9.6 ** - November 16, 2018
- Fixed dependency issues.
**Version 3.9.4 ** - November 15, 2018
- Moved the home Git repo to GitHub.
- Added the BlackWhiteAndRed theme.
- Migrated to use composer instead of submodules.
- Compatibility tested for WP 5.0.0.
**Version 3.9.3 ** - July 31, 2018
- Minor warning fix for missing lang.
- Added a line to the AJAX URI calculator to allow the server admin to "hardcode" an HTTPS port, in case the server is misconfigured.
- Added fix for possible XSS hijack in the fast mobile form.
**Version 3.9.2 ** - February 11, 2018
- Minor adjustments to the Swedish localization.
- Added a new "Supermax" option to the auto-radius settings.
**Version 3.9.1 ** - January 4, 2018
- Fixed an issue where some translated versions had bad settings in the BMLT options initial map type.
- New Italian Translation.
- Fixed a bug in the admin screen where it was possible to cause problems with translated strings containing apostrophes.
**Version 3.9.0 ** - December 31, 2017
- There was a minor bug in the [[bmlt_table]] CSS for the GreenAndGold theme.
- Added the admin UI for the auto-search radius.
**Version 3.8.3 ** - November 10, 2017
- With the new security regimens out there, the cURL spoofed UA may cause problems. I added "cURL" to it, and updated the other UA components.
**Version 3.8.2 ** - October 8, 2017
- The "fix" in 3.8.1 broke certain other installations. That should be fixed here.
**Version 3.8.1 ** - October 8, 2017
- The 3.7.1 version had an anonymous function pointer that caused some LAMP servers to puke (They shouldn't). It is no longer anonymous, and that should fix it.
**Version 3.8.0 ** - October 8, 2017
- Addressed some issues with the classic [[bmlt]] shortcode -made it more responsive.
- Added some internal infrastructure for possible future capability to select different default auto-search radius.
**Version 3.7.1 ** - September 24, 2017
- Addressed an issue where string searches were not being done properly with certain non-Roman character sets.
- Fixed an issue with the [[bmlt_quicksearch]] shortcode, where you could get an empty search result if none of the meetings in the result set had formats.
**Version 3.7.0 ** - September 24, 2017
- Added Spanish localization -FINALLY! Thanks, Costa Rica!
**Version 3.6.2 ** - September 21, 2017
- The mobile client was not displaying correctly.
**Version 3.6.1 ** - September 19, 2017
- There was a bug introduced by the previous release. The standard [[BMLT]] shortcode's images were not displayed.
**Version 3.6.0 ** - September 18, 2017
- Added the [[BMLT_QUICKSEARCH]] shortcode.
**Version 3.5.1 ** - September 11, 2017
- There were still outstanding issues that needed to be addressed.
**Version 3.5.0 ** - September 10, 2017
- Added the capability to have different localizations apply to different settings.
- Rearranged the order of fields in the Admin Page to group localization functions better.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with the [[simple_search_list]] shortcode.
**Version 3.4.7 ** - June 17, 2017
- Added a workaround for nonstandard SSL certs.
**Version 3.4.6 ** - May 18, 2017
- Added Support for a per-setting Google Maps Region Bias.
**Version 3.4.5 ** - March 17, 2017
- Added blank "index.php" files to all the directories to prevent listing directories.
**Version 3.4.4 ** - March 12, 2017
- Added a fix to the [[BMLT_TABLE]] shortcode that ensures that empty columns in the table get non-breaking spaces if the value is empty.
**Version 3.4.3 ** - January 1, 2017
- Enhanced the "GNYR2" theme.
- Fixed a bug in the fast table display, where venue names were not being displayed.
- Couple of minor tweaks in the Google API includes. Probably makes no difference.
**Version 3.4.2 ** - December 13, 2016
- Added the "GNYR2" theme.
**Version 3.4.1 ** - November 6, 2016
- There was one more place in the mobile implementation that needed the key.
**Version 3.4.0 ** - October 16, 2016
- Reintroduced support for the Google API Key.
**Version 3.3.9 ** - May 22, 2016
- Now detect escape key to close meeting details overlay.
- The mobile JS file was importing a non-HTTPS Google Maps API. I changed this to use the HTTPS version.
**Version 3.3.7 ** - May 2, 2016
- Fixed a very minor issue with the table styles, where they were not being properly optimized (makes the page load a teensy-tiny bit slower).
- Added the ability to load only a selected theme for the bmlt_table shortcode (only used by BMLT Basic).
- Changed the README markdown to adjust for Atlassian's new format.
**Version 3.3.6 ** - April 21, 2016
- Continuing refactoring for documentation purposes.
- Added more Doxygen support. There is now a "doc" directory.
- Made it so that the details in the standard shortcode can be dismissed by clicking anywhere. I also now display a visible translucent mask.
- Fixed some style issues with the default display on Drupal. The default Drupal styles clobber the built-in ones, so I had to reinforce the built-in ones a bit.
**Version 3.3.4 ** - April 13, 2016
- Refactored to make the code more straightforward and reusable.
- Refactored this file for better markdown display.
- Fixed a bug, in which the proper throbber was not being displayed where multiple themes are on the same page for the bmlt_table shortcode.
- Added a "Complex Table" preset to the unit test (Displays multiple bmlt_table shortcodes).
**Version 3.3.3 ** - April 9, 2016
- Fixed a bug that could bork the bmlt_table shortcode when there are no parameters specified.
**Version 3.3.2 ** - April 9, 2016
- Added a "breaker" div element to the bmlt_table display.
- Work on improving code quality.
- Added more style hooks to the bmlt_table shortcode display.
- Fixed a bug in the simple and table shortcodes that didn't honor just the settings ID (without the "##-##" splitter).
**Version 3.3.1 ** - April 6, 2016
- Made the weekday tab overflow hidden.
- The format circles now float to the right.
- Added a display for days with no meetings.
- Fixed a bug in the bmlt_table shortcode, where the loading throbber would get replaced too quickly when selecting weekday tabs.
- Corrected a bug that allowed "00:00" times (should be "Midnight").
- Fixed a bug in the "simple map search" that displayed the info windows offset.
**Version 3.3.0 ** - April 4, 2016
- Made it so that we can have specialized themes, amied at only certain shortcodes.
- Complete rewrite of the bmlt_table shortcode. Made it so that it can have simpler theming and be more responsive.
**Version 3.2.4 ** - April 1, 2016 (Happy April Fools'!)
- Broke the table styling out into separate files that are all loaded at once. This allows a lot more flexibility when implementing the table display.
- Tweaked the GNYR style.
**Version 3.2.3 ** - March 30, 2016
- Got rid of an undeclared variable warning.
- Fixed a bug that caused rendering issues with the new table shortcode on Internet Exploder.
- Fixed a minor style issue, where the selection triangle would flow below the text in large text situations.
- Changed the styling for the selected header triangle to make the table display a bit more responsive.
**Version 3.2.2 ** - March 29, 2016
**Version 3.2.1 ** - March 29, 2016
**Version 3.2.0 ** - March 29, 2016
- Fixed a style problem with the default search, where the map and text might be outdented by 8 pixels.
- Fixed the "Google Maps included two or more times" warning.
- Removed unnecessary new search and duration items from admin page.
- Fixed an issue where WordPress would sometimes HTML-entity the ampersand (&) character.
- Added a very significant new shortcode: bmlt_table.
**Version 3.1.1 ** - March 16, 2016
- Added support for cookie- and HTTP query-based language selection.
**Version 3.1.0 ** - March 7, 2016
- Added Italian translation.
- Some fairly fundamental changes to support HTTPS.
**Version 3.0.28 ** - August 15, 2015
- Added Portuguese translation (Brazil).
**Version 3.0.27 ** - May 25, 2015
- Removed the "0" timeout from the location determination code in the basic BML shortcode handler, in an effort to address an IE11 issue.
- Fixed an issue with the results of nouveau map searches returning unsorted.
- Fixed a few CSS errors in the themes.
**Version 3.0.26 ** - January 31, 2015
- Fixed an issue with the extra fields display in the regular shortcode display details.
- Fixed an issue where the arbitrary fields were actually creating too many results.
- Now hide the distance_in_km/miles parameters in the meeting details (these are internal parameters).
**Version 3.0.25 ** - November 22, 2014
- Fixed a CSS issue with the admin display map. Some themes (especially responsive ones) declare a global max-width for images. This hoses Google Maps, and has to be compensated for.
- Added full support for arbitrary fields. This was an important capability that was left out after Version 3.X
**Version 3.0.24 ** - July 31, 2014
- Added a user agent to the cURL call, as some servers filter out cURL.
- Fixed an annoying admin bug that could cause new options to report an incorrect ID.
**Version 3.0.23 ** - July 17, 2014
- Added Danish localization.
**Version 3.0.22 ** - February 28, 2014
- Fixed a small bug in the add new settings handler.
**Version 3.0.21 ** - February 22, 2014
- Some work to make the code easier to debug, and also to account for non-standard TCP ports.
**Version 3.0.20 ** - December 31, 2013
- Fixed a character set issue that affected Internet Exploder.
**Version 3.0.19 ** - December 7, 2013
- Added French localization
**Version 3.0.18 ** - September 7, 2013
- Minor German localization corrections.
- Removed the useless "New Search URL" text box from the admin.
**Version 3.0.17 ** - July 1, 2013
- Corrected German localization.
- Added the ability to specify which day weeks begin (in Europe, it is common for weeks to begin on Monday).
**Version 3.0.16 ** - May 22, 2013
- Added German localization.
**Version 3.0.15 ** - May 19, 2013
- Fixed a small issue with the admin sheet, where entering text into the CSS box would not immediately trigger a "dirty" sheet.
**Version 3.0.14 ** - May 18, 2013
- Fixed a possible issue with some initial calls being pooched by ampersands being represented as '&' in the URI.
**Version 3.0.12 ** - May 16, 2013
- Added some code to reduce warnings in Drupal 7, if modules use nested arrays in the parameters.
**Version 3.0.11 ** - May 13, 2013
- Reduced the number of times that the marker redraw is called in the standard bmlt shortcode handler.
- Fixed an issue with CSS that caused displayed maps to get funky.
**Version 3.0.10 ** - May 5, 2013
- Fixed a bug, in which the first set of results for a search would display too many "red" map icons.
**Version 3.0.9 ** - May 4, 2013
- Removed some PHP warnings.
**Version 3.0.8 ** - April 28, 2013
- Added support for display of military time.
**Version 3.0.7 ** - April 21, 2013
- The string search was being improperly handled. This has been fixed.
- Moved the project to Bitbucket.
**Version 3.0.6 ** - April 18, 2013
- Improved the curl call functionality.
**Version 3.0.5 ** - April 16, 2013
- Fixed a bug in the Swedish translation.
**Version 3.0.4 ** - April 15, 2013
- Fixed a bug caused by the modifications for the new admin browser.
**Version 3.0.3 ** - April 15, 2013
- Fixed a bug in the new Swedish localization.
**Version 3.0.2 ** - March 30, 2013
- Added a default duration.
- Uncommented the adjustment for grace period.
- Added a link to the Google Maps for each meeting's details.
- Fixed a bug that screwed up localizations.
- Added a new Swedish localization.
- Updated the driver to preserve the session across the curl call.
- Added support for a "logged in" mode. This allows the plugin base class to be used by observers, in the root server.
**Version 3.0.1 ** - January 28, 2013
- Fixed an issue that caused conflicts with some installations.
**Version 3.0.0 ** - January 26, 2013
- Substantial rework to support new functionality.
- Decided to make it version 3.0, in order to coincide with the new plugins.
**Version 1.2.4 ** - May 13, 2012
- Fixed a nasty bug in the admin interface that could create multiple empty settings.
**Version 1.2.3 ** - April 27, 2012
**Version 1.2.2 ** - March 28, 2012
- Added an alert to the new map search, if no meetings were found in a clicked search (before, there was no alert).
**Version 1.2.1 ** - December 31, 2011
- Removed some errant CSS.
- Now strip out the bmlt_mobile shortcode if the page is not a mobile page. This allows the shortcode to be used, as the comment version is stripped by "code cleaners."
*Version 1.2.0 -November 22, 2011
- Added the ability to have multiple localizations. It's a bit clunky, but this is the best way to get it working.
- Corrected some minor validation issues with the new map search DOM tree.
**Version 1.1.7 ** - September 2, 2011
**Version 1.1.6 ** - August 17, 2011
- Minor fixes to the default styles in the themes, in order to make the info windows look better.
**Version 1.1.5 ** - August 16, 2011
- Workaround for a Firefox bug that renders the popup menus in the info windows worthless.
**Version 1.1.4 ** - August 12, 2011
- Fixes a couple of minor theme/style issues.
- Mitigates a strange Firefox bug that caused weird page loads when closing the location area.
**Version 1.1.3 ** - August 8, 2011
- Implements an entirely new, Google Maps API V.3-based map search.
**Version 1.1.2 ** - July 16, 2011
- I now check for an ob_level before doing an ob_end_clean(). This is because notices were being posted when there was no ob_level.
**Version 1.1.1 ** - July 9, 2011
- Added unit tests for the new change capabilities.
**Version 1.1.0 ** - June 25, 2011
- Added the capability to specify changes.
**Version 1.0.8 ** - June 20, 2011
- Added a connection to a specific localhost BMLT root as a default, if the server is localhost (specific to the development machine).
**Version 1.0.7 ** - June 19, 2011
- First release as a factored project.