Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Changes in 3.3.0
- For Bnd 3.3.0 changes, see https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/wiki/Changes-in-3.3.0.
- See this for a full list of issues fixed in this release.
- See this for a full list of changes made to the code in this release
Task Progress / Non-blocking UI
In the past you may have encountered cases where Bndtools would perform long tasks such as downloading dependencies on the UI thread which would lock Eclipse UI, in worst cases for minutes. Now all Bnd tasks such as downloading are reported with progress in the Eclipse Progress view. You may not interact with these long running tasks just like other Eclipse workspace jobs and can see progress or cancel them. Also, other parts of the UI now report that the Workspace is still loading usually because download tasks are still running. These messages are removed once the Workspace is fully available.
Bnd Workspace Improvements
Previously, creating a Bnd OSGi Workspace often left Eclipse in a state that required a combination of a
Clean..., Eclipse restart, or manually editing files in order to clear error markers. This process has been re-worked and extensively tested to ensure a better user experience.
Several issues have been fixed around Eclipse debugger integration. The first source lookups that users may have run into in the past. Now we are using a new RuntimeClasspath mechanism that should more precisely build runtime classpaths for Bnd project launches allowing the Eclipse debugger to more correctly lookup project debug source.
Another issue that some people may have noticed is that Bnd launch configurations would lose some settings information after first configuration. That has now been fixed.
Lastly, some work was done to make Bndtools lookup source in external repositories better.
Repositories View Improvements
- The repository view will automatically refresh once on startup of Eclipse but it will be done in the background as to not block the UI.
- Also when no Bnd workspace configuration is present the Repositories view will show a shortcut for launching the Bnd workspace wizard.
Other Notable Changes
- BndClasspath Container information is saved between sessions which allows classpath initialization to be deferred to a non-UI thread on startup.
- Runbundles not reordered on resolve.
- -runblacklist support has been added
- The Bndtools Bundle Hub workspace template has been deprecated and will be removed in the next release of Bndtools. The bndtools/bundle-hub repository itself will remain available.
- None at this time.