Summarize Text by Ranking Sentences and Extracting Keywords
This repository contains an R package which handles summarizing text by using textrank.
For ranking sentences, this algorithm basically consists of.
- Finding links between sentences by looking for overlapping terminology
- Using Google Pagerank on the sentence network to rank sentences in order of importance
For finding keywords, this algorithm basically consists of.
- Extract words following one another to construct a word network
- Using Google Pagerank on the word network to rank words in order of importance
- Constructing keywords - which are the combination of relevant words identified by the Pagerank algorithm which follow each other
Installation & License
The package is available under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0. Installation can be done as follows. Please visit the package documentation and package vignette for further details.
install.packages("textrank") vignette("textrank", package = "textrank")
For installing the development version of this package:
devtools::install_github("bnosac/textrank", build_vignettes = TRUE)
Support in text mining
Need support in text mining? Contact BNOSAC: http://www.bnosac.be