Malt is a fully customizable real-time rendering framework for animation and illustration.
It's aimed at advanced users and technical artists who want more control over their workflow and/or their art style, with special care put into the needs of stylized non photorealistic rendering.
- Free and Open Source. MIT License.
- Real Time Rendering.
- Complete Blender integration.
- Built-in Pipeline for Stylized Non Photorealistic Rendering.
- Code as a First Class Citizen
- Automatic reloading.
- VSCode integration, including GLSL autocompletion.
- Automatic generation of nodes from GLSL functions.
- Automatic UI for Shader and Pipeline parameters.
- 100% customizable Python Render Pipelines.
We've been working on a full redesign of the default nodes before the 1.0 Release.
Give it try and leave your feedback.
Malt is software agnostic, but Blender is the only integration planned right now.
- OpenGL 4.1+
- Blender 3.4
- Windows or Linux
A dedicated Nvidia or AMD graphics card is highly recomended.
- Go to the latest Release page.
- Download the BlenderMalt version that matches your OS.
- Open Blender. Go to Preferences > Addons, click on the Install... button and select BlenderMalt.zip from your downloads. (It will take a few seconds)
- Tick the box in the BlenderMalt panel to enable it.
Altenatively, you can download the Development version to test the latest features.
- Untick the box in Preferences > Addons > BlenderMalt to disable the addon.
- Restart Blender.
- Go back to Preferences > Addons > BlenderMalt, expand the panel and click the Remove button.