- Contributors: bobbingwide, vsgloik
- Donate link: https://www.oik-plugins.com/oik/oik-donate/
- Tags: shortcode, CSS, GeSHi, [bw_css], [bw_geshi], [bw_autop], [bw_background], oik, lazy, smart
- Requires at least: 4.9
- Tested up to: 5.0-alpha
- Gutenberg compatible: Yes
- Stable tag: 0.9.0
- License: GPLv2 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Allows internal CSS styling to be included in the content of the page.
Use the [bw_css] shortcode to add custom CSS as and when you need it.
For designers, developers and documentors [bw_css] supports echoing of the custom CSS, allowing you to document the CSS you are using. For readability, the CSS is processed using the Generic Syntax Highlighter (GeSHi) processing.
- Also supports language: none.
Implemented as a lazy smart shortcode this code is dependent upon the oik base plugin.
Use the [bw_autop] shortcode to disable or re-enable WordPress's wpautop() logic.
Use the experimental [bw_background] shortcode to display an attached image in the background.
- Upload the contents of the oik-css plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/oik-css' directory
- Activate the oik-css plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Use the [bw_css] shortcode inside your content
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the syntax?
[bw_css] your CSS goes here [/bw_css]
- Note: The ending shortcode tag [/bw_css] is required
How do I get the GeSHi output?
[bw_css .] your CSS goes here[/bw_css]
[bw_css text="Annotation to the CSS that will follow"] your CSS goes here[/bw_css]
How do I get GeSHi output for other languages?
Use the [bw_geshi] shortcode. e.g. [bw_geshi html]<h3>[bw_css], [bw_geshi] & [bw_background]</h3><p>Cool, lazy smart shortcodes from oik-plugins.</p> [/bw_geshi]
Supported languages are:
If you want to display syntax highlighted CSS without affecting the current display use [bw_geshi css]
What version of GeSHi does oik-css use?
oik-css delivers a subset of GeSHi version 220.127.116.11, which was released in May 2017, with modifications to support PHP 7.2
Only a small selection of the languages are supported by oik-css. These are the languages primarily used by WordPress.
- Note: oik-css will only load the GeSHi code if it is not already loaded.
What about Gutenberg?
oik-css has been tested with the Gutenberg plugin and some problems were detected. For details see https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/9. Changes have been made to undo the unwanted wpautop processing that affected the output of the bw_geshi shortcode.
In the future you may want to convert your shortcodes to blocks. We are developing a new plugin for this... https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-block. This new plugin depends on Gutenberg, the oik base plugin and oik-css.
- [bw_css] - syntax and examples
- [bw_geshi] - examples
Upgrade for improved compatibility with the Gutenberg plugin.
Upgrade for improvements to the [bw_geshi] shortcode. Now depends on oik v3.2.3. Available in US English. Localized in UK English.
[bw_geshi] shortcode now supports lang=mysql
Tested with WordPress 4.4. Now depends on oik v2.5 or higher
Required for oik-plugins use of [bw_geshi none] for documenting oik-bwtrace output
Required for better control over Automatic paragraph creation. Now dependent on oik v2.3 or higher.
Tested with WordPress 3.9 to 4.0, including WPMS
Now dependent upon oik v2.1 or higher. Tested with WordPress 3.9
Tested with WordPress 3.8
Upgrade if you are finding problems with other plugins. e.g. All In One Events Calendar ( [ai1ec] shortcode )
Dependent upon the oik base plugin v2.0 (or higher)
Dependent upon the oik base plugin
- Changed: removes the gutenberg_wpautop filter hook from the_content https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/9
- Tested: With PHP 7.1 and 7.2
- Tested: With WordPress 4.9.5, 5.0-alpha and WordPress Multisite
- Tested: With Gutenberg 2.7.0
- Changed: Disable GeSHi's keyword linking https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/8
- Changed: Update GeSHi to 18.104.22.168 - May 2017 and change to support PHP 7.2 https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/5
- Changed; 100% translatble and localizable on WordPress.org https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/6
- Fixed: Test bw_better_autop with WordPress 4.7 https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/3
- Fixed: [bw_geshi] - do not eliminate p and br tags when lang=html or html5 https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/7
- Tested: With PHP 7.2
- Tested: With WordPress 4.9.1 and WordPress Multisite
- Added: Added lang=mysql for [bw_geshi] shortcode https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/1
- Changed: Supports PHP 7.0 https://github.com/bobbingwide/oik-css/issues/2
- Tested: With WordPress 4.5-RC1
- Tested: With WordPress 4.4
- Changed: Now dependent upon oik v2.5.
- Changed: Updated oik-activation in line with oik
- Added: Add support for [bw_geshi none]
- Changed: Update bw_better_autop() to work with the bw_css_options[bw_autop] option setting
- Changed: [bw_background] shortcode default selector set to 'body'
- Tested: With WordPress 4.3
- Added: oik-CSS section for oik options > Overview to control Automatic paragraph creation
- Changed: Responds to "oik_loaded" action to invoke the first part of 'better automatic paragraph creation'
- Changed: Responds to "oik_admin_menu" action
- Changed: Responds to "oik_menu_box" action to display the new section
- Changed: Now dependent upon oik v2.3
- Changed: Styled CSS now wrapped in a div with class bw_css
- Changed: Styled GeSHi now wrapped in a div with classes bw_geshi and the selected language
- Added: In response to the 'oik_add_shortcodes' action hook the default processing is to disable wpautop() processing.
- Added: You can partially re-enable wpautop() processing using the [bw_autop true] shortcode.
- Added: [bw_autop] shortcode - experimental
- Added: [bw_background] shortcode - experimental
- Changed: Then you can turn it off again later [bw_autop false]
- Fixed: Updated bw_remove_unwanted_tags() to cater for ampersands
- Fixed: So that [bw_geshi] works with NextGen gallery installed
- Tested: With WordPress 3.9-beta3
- Changed: Dependency logic, now dependent upon oik v2.1
- Tested: With WordPress 3.8
- Changed: Added support for media=print in addition to media=screen
- Changed: bw_remove_unwanted_tags() now handles the HTML versions of Left single quotation mark and Right single quotation mark.
- Changed: Replace wpautop() by bw_wpautop(), run after shortcode expansion and remove shortcode_unautop(), no longer necessary
- Added: bw_wpautop() implement 'the_content' filter using wpautop() without converting newlines to br tags
- Added: Help, syntax help and example for [bw_geshi]
- Added: [bw_css] shortcode
If you want to read more about the oik plugins then please visit the oik plugin "OIK - OIK Information Kit"